He is the alternate reality version of Zachariah.
History[edit | edit source]
In the Apocalypse World, Zachariah served under the command of the archangel Michael during the Apocalypse against Lucifer and his demons. After winning the war against the demons, Zachariah and the other angels waged a war of extermination against humanity.
In late 2017, after the Nephilim Jack landed in the Apocalypse World on a rescue mission for Mary Winchester, Zachariah saw that he possessed the ability to open a portal between the two worlds for the angels to lead an army through. To that end, Zachariah convinced Michael to allow him to mess with Jack's mind in an effort to trick Jack into helping him. When his efforts continued to fail, Zachariah took on the form of Castiel within Jack's mind to communicate with him directly to try to turn Jack against Sam and Dean Winchester and to willingly help them. However, Jack saw through Zachariah's deception and Michael decided to take a more direct path.
Following the escape of Jack and Mary Winchester, Michael sent Zachariah to get Jack back and kill Mary while warning him not to fail again. After Jack used his powers, Zachariah detected it and led a group of angels to attack Bobby Singer's colony. As the other angels spread out to attack the humans, Zachariah searched for Jack and found Mary helping a little girl. Zachariah disarmed Mary, flung her to the ground and demanded "the half-breed."
As Mary faced off with Zachariah defiantly, Jack arrived and ordered Zachariah to stop. As Zachariah advanced on Jack, Jack lifted him into the air, screaming, with telekinesis. With a clench of his fist, Jack exploded Zachariah into dust, killing him. Jack then dispatched three more attacking angels, saving the human colony.
Powers and Abilities[edit | edit source]
Like his main universe counterpart, Zachariah was a powerful angel displaying many powerful abilities.
- Angelic Possession - Like all other angels, he required a vessel to walk the Earth and their permission to do so.
- Immortality - As an angel, he would never age or die unless killed.
- Invulnerability - As an angel, he was invulnerable to most forms of harm. However, beings of immeasurable power such as Jack and Michael can harm him rather easily.
- Mental Manipulation - In an attempt to convince Jack to help open a portal to the Main Universe, Zachariah gave Jack nightmarish visions and conversed with Jack in the form of Castiel in his mind in a failed attempt to trick him. This required Zachariah to have physical contact with Jack.
- Clairsentience - After Jack used his powers, Zachariah was able to detect their use and follow them to Jack.
- Flight - Zachariah was able to fly into Bobby Singer's colony in a form similar to a comet.
- Super Strength - As an angel, Zachariah was stronger than monsters, humans and most demons. He was effortlessly able to throw around Mary Winchester and lift a full-grown man off the ground and snap his neck with just one hand.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
Zachariah possessed all the weaknesses of a regular angel.
- Archangels - Michael was able to throw Zachariah around with ease and Zachariah was afraid of him.
- Jack - When his powers were not bound by Michael's warding, Jack effortlessly overpowered and killed Zachariah.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- He is the third character that Chad Rook portrayed on Supernatural with Marshall Todd in Season 6 and Desmond in Season 8 being the first two.
- He is the first alternate version of a regular recurring angel in the main universe.
- He shares many similarities with his main reality counterpart.
- They were both loyal to the archangel Michael.
- They both disappointed Michael with a failure.
- They were both willing to harm innocents to please Michael.
- They both died as a result of their loyalty to Michael.
- They were both killed by a member of Team Free Will.
- They both attempted to mentally manipulate a member of Team Free Will.
- Coincidentally, both Zachariah's were killed by the Team Free Will members they tried to manipulate.
- He differs from his counterpart in many ways.
- He is second person to intentionally be killed by Jack.
- The first being one of Kaia's Abductors who he forced to commit suicide with an angel blade to save Dean.
See Also[edit | edit source]