|“|| Dean: What's your name?|
Yokoth: Yokoth. Star of madness. Ravager of galaxies. Mother of faceless hordes.
— Yokoth and Dean
in The Thing
Yokoth passed through the Rift and possessed the body of a kidnapped woman named Sandy Porter. After possessing Sandy's body, which killed Sandy in the process, Yokoth devoured Diego and most of the other Men of Letters before trying to summon her mate, Glythur. The survivors managed to close the rift Diego opened and bind Yokoth before she could succeed.
In the aftermath, the Men of Letters disavowed the entire incident, banned all the survivors, and sealed the chapter house. Unable to kill Yokoth, the survivors and their descendants, led by Diego's family, worked to keep Yokoth sealed up.
After Sam and Dean bring "Sandy" to a diner, Sam is captured by Marco and Ophelia Avila, and they reveal to him the truth about Yokoth and how their family was guarding her. At that moment, Yokoth captures Dean and brings him to the bunker that she was held in.
When Dean woke up, Yokoth explained that the real Sandy had been dead for a long time, and then revealed her true name. She explained her past as god from another world and how her mate, Glythur, was trapped there after she came through. She revealed that she abducted Dean so she could reopen the rift between universes and give Glythur a vessel so that they could devour all the worlds in Dean's universe. Dean protested, but Yokoth silenced him and performed the ritual to reopen the rift, and then performed a Summoning Spell for Glythur.
Yokoth watched with glee as Glythur's tentacles emerged through the rift and attempted to latch onto a horrified Dean, who attempted to dodge the tentacles but struggled due to being chained down. Before Glythur could fully restrain Dean with his tentacles, Sam arrived with Marco and Ophelia, and the three and attacked Yokoth. While Yokoth was distracted, Dean managed to free his right hand, snatch the Seal of Solomon from her, and toss it to Ophelia, who used the seal to reverse the spell.
Yokoth shows dismay at Glythur being prevented from entering, but she quickly becomes fearful as Glythur uses a tentacle to drag Yokoth back into their universe, and she screams as the rift closes behind her.
Powers and Abilities
- Possession - Yokoth needed a vessel to manifest in the Main Universe. She possessed the body of Sandy Porter.
- Immortality - As a goddess, she was immortal. After living in the Main Universe for nearly a century, her vessel had not aged at all.
- Indestructibility - Yokoth could not be killed with even nearly a century of trying failing to find a weakness. Being shot simply distracted her for a moment and caused no visible harm.
- Super Strength - Yokoth was incredibly strong and easily overpowered any humans who fought her.
- Biokinesis - Yokoth was able to prevent Dean Winchester from being able to talk when she got tired of hearing him simply by putting her finger to his lips and shushing him.
- Portal Creation - Using a ritual, Yokoth was able to open a rift into her own universe.
- Magic - Yokoth was able to be bound by chains etched with spellwork.
- Higher Beings - Glythur was effortlessly able to pull her back into their universe, despite her protests.
- The name Yokoth bears curious, if not intentional similarity with Yog-Sothoth, the name of a cosmic entity in H. P. Lovecraft's mythology, an author who also inspired and was homaged in the show on many other occasions.