- "In the lore, it's referred to as a Whisper. Whisper have a fascinating history. They're -- they're...Actually, they were once believed to be in the bloodline of werewolves, but in fact, they're more similar to demons. They, uh, they got their nickname from how quiet their attacks are. Because of their stealthiness, they've, uh, lived on the fringes for centuries. Although there were several that were hunted and killed during the Salem Witch Trails. Whispers only feed during a solar eclipse."
- -Castiel, reading about Whisperers
Whispers were creatures mentioned by Castiel. Having similarities to both werewolves and vampires, they were given the nickname were-pires by Dean Winchester. Based from Castiel description, it may be one of many kind of native American monsters, due many of them was hunted during Salem Witch Trials.
Whispers fed on hearts and blood during a solar eclipse. Because of this, they were thought to be in the bloodline of werewolves, but shared more qualities with demons. They were known for living in the fringes for centuries.
Their name derived from their stealth. Many whispers were hunted and killed during the Salem witch trials.
Powers and abilities
- Stealth - Hence their nickname, Whispers have the ability to attack silently.
"Silver will kill it, but you may want to decapitate it just to be sure."
- -Castiel, about how to kill a Whisper
- Silver - Known to be able to kill whispers.
- Decapitation - Although unconfirmed, beheading a whisper may kill it.
- Despite its origin based from Castiel description, however, from at least 89 actual known type of native American monsters ([]), no one are fit with the Whisper description.