Viggo was assigned by Crowley to torture the angel, Samandriel, for anything useful he could get from him. After discovering that Samandriel had managed to dislodge from his head the spike that was keeping him from communicating with other angels, Viggo replaced the spike and set up a headgear with multiple spikes to torture him. But, Samandriel successfully sent out a distress call before his torture resumed.
While being tortured, Samandriel suddenly started speaking Enochian. Unable to understand it, Viggo summoned Crowley. Viggo watched as Crowley tortured Samandriel himself, but got nervous when he heard the sounds of Sam and Dean attacking the base to rescue Samandriel. Crowley, however, basically told him not to worry. As Sam and Dean tried to break down the door to the room, Viggo was shocked to hear that what Samandiriel had just revealed was the existence of an Angel Tablet.
As Sam and Dean broke into the room, Crowley fled, and Viggo grabbed a knife and fought Dean. Initially, Viggo proved to be stronger than Dean, but Dean ultimately managed to overpower him. After the remaining demons were killed and Samandriel was rescued and taken away by Castiel, Dean turned his attention to Viggo. He begged for his life, telling Dean that he knew things Dean needed to know. Dean pretended to agree with him, but then stabbed Viggo with Ruby's knife, killing him.
Powers and Abilities
He had standard demonic powers and abilities. But, as a proficient torturer, he had some abilities that were unique to him.
- Demonic Possession - As a demon, he needed a vessel to walk the Earth.
- Immortality - As a demon, he would never age or die unless killed.
- Invulnerability - As a demon he was invulnerable to normal methods of harm.
- Super Strength - Viggo was strong enough to throw Dean around the room and go toe-to-toe with him in a fight. However, he didn't appear to be all that much stronger than Dean, a human with above-average strength as Dean was eventually able to defeat him in a fight.
- Torturing - He was a very proficient torturer. He knew many torturing techniques to extract valuable information from his enemies.
- Angel Hacking - He at least knew a method to "hack" angels' "factory settings". By penetrating some special metal spikes into an angelic vessel's brain, he was able to breach their "factory setting" and extract some valuable information. However, due to lacking any knowledge of Enochian, he could not directly use the information. His angel hacking method was later used by Crowley.
- Higher-Tier demons - As low-level demons, he was subservient to and weaker than higher level demons such as Crowley.
- Demon-Killing Knife - As a low-level demon, he could be killed with the knife.