Various & Sundry Villains is the 12th episode of Season 13. It aired on February 1, 2018.
|There was something about being there... It felt pure.|
This episode summary is an official CW press release. It may contain errors.
DO NOT CHANGE!
Dean falls victim to a couple of witches, sisters Jamie (guest star Jordan Claire Robbins) and Jennie Plum (guest star Elise Gatien), who manage to steal a powerful book of spells from the Winchester brothers. When Sam and Dean go after the book, they get help from a powerful and surprising ally when Rowena (guest star Ruth Connell), back from the dead, intervenes to assist them.
- Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester
- Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester
- Mark Pellegrino as Lucifer
- Misha Collins as Castiel
- Jordan Claire Robbins as Jamie Plum
- Elise Gatien as Jennie Plum
- Sharon Simms as Mrs. Plum
- Shane Dean as Dipper
- Sean Tyson as Marty
- Mike Kovac as Dale
- Adam Klassen as Hardware Store Clerk
- Angela Moore as Hardware Store Cashier
Featured Supernatural BeingsEdit
- Archangels (Lucifer; Michael and Alternate Michael, mentioned only)
- Crossroad Demon (Crowley, mentioned only)
- Demons (Dipper, Castiel and Lucifer's Attackers)
- Nephilim (Jack, mentioned only)
- Primordial Entity (The Darkness, mentioned only)
- Prince of Hell (Asmodeus, mentioned only)
- Seraph (Castiel)
- Witches (Jamie Plum, Jennie Plum, Rowena MacLeod)
- Zombie (Mrs. Plum)
- Castiel and Lucifer previously appeared in War of the Worlds.
- Rowena MacLeod previously appeared in the Season 12 episode Family Feud and also as a corpse in All Along the Watchtower.
- Witches were previously featured in War of the Worlds.
- Demons were previously featured in The Scorpion and The Frog.
- A witch family was previously featured in the Season 12 episode Regarding Dean.
- A zombie was previously featured in the Season 5 episode Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid.
- The Black Grimoire, witch-killing bullets and Sam's revolver were previously seen in the Season 12 episode Regarding Dean.
- The immobilization spell was previously used in the Season 12 episode Mamma Mia.
- The Attack Dog Spell was previously used in Season 11 episode The Bad Seed.
- Sam mentioned Crowley's suicide which happened in the Season 12 episode All Along the Watchtower.
- Sam mentioned the love spell that Becky Rosen used on him which happened in the Season 7 episode Season Seven, Time for a Wedding!.
- The episode was watched by 1.68 million viewers and got a 0.6 rating.
- This is the second episode of the series that Amanda Tapping has directed with The Future (Season 12) being her first one.
- Lucifer references Castiel "eating" the grace of the angels in the Season 9 episode Holy Terror and the Season 10 episode Soul Survivor.
- According to Lucifer, Asmodeus was his weakest creation and Lucifer did not give him all of the abilities he now possesses. In particular, Lucifer did not give Asmodeus his shapeshifting power.
- Rowena states that the Grand Coven cast a binding spell on her magic years earlier. She stated the same to Crowley in the Season 10 episode Paint it Black while trying to get Crowley to go after Olivette.
- This is the first episode since the Season 8 episode Goodbye Stranger to feature Castiel using his smiting power on a demon.
- It was revealed in this episode that Sam and Rowena have seen Lucifer's true face and to have been frightened by it.
- It was revealed in this episode that it was Jack who resurrected Castiel after Lucifer killed him in the Season 12 episode All Along the Watchtower.
- Although this could just be Castiel's simplification of the event. Jack calling out to Castiel woke up the Cosmic Entity who ultimately brought Castiel back to life. Jack didn't do it directly or even really intentionally.
- Lucifer's comment to Dipper about how he was able to break free because "I'm Lucifer" is similar to how Crowley's explanation for how he did something was often just "I'm Crowley." One such time was when he killed his captors during a similar escape from Lucifer's custody in the Season 11 episode Beyond the Mat.
- At the end of the episode, Sam refers to the zombified Mrs. Plum as Zombie Mom. On the Suite Life of Zach and Cody, protagonist Zach Martin went to see a movie called Zombie Mom against his mother's wishes and had nightmares as a result. The mother in the Suite Life was played by Kim Rhodes who plays Jody Mills on Supernatural.
- As of this episode, Rowena is finally free from the binding spell that the Grand Coven cast on her and is now on her full power.