Two And A Half Men is the 2nd episode of Season 6. It aired on October 1st, 2010.
|There was something about being there... It felt pure.|
This episode summary is an official CW press release. It may contain errors.
DO NOT CHANGE!
Sam investigates a case about missing babies whose parents are being murdered. At one of the crime scenes, he discovers a baby that was left behind and calls Dean for help. Reluctant to leave Lisa (guest star Cindy Sampson) and Ben (guest star Nicholas Elia), Dean finally agrees to meet Sam and surprises his brother with how parental he has become. The brothers take the baby to Samuel (guest star Mitch Pileggi), who decides to raise it as a hunter, which infuriates Dean. However, before they can decide the baby's future, a shape-shifter breaks in and attempts to kidnap the baby.
The episode starts with a shapeshifter who kills the parents of several children and captures them. Also, Dean, Lisa and Ben moves out to a new home, Ben seems to hate the idea. When Lisa suggests Ben to take time to look around before hating the idea, Dean seems uncomfortable when Ben try to go out alone and suggests him to help unpack first.
Sam and Samuel is investigating the murder. Meanwhile, Dean orders pizza delivery and Lisa unhappily tells him off that they were supposed to eat out and take a look around the new neighborhood, he just tell her he forgot. Later, Dean angrily shouts at Ben for looking in his car trunk (the Impala), which holds Dean's old weapons. Ben suggests that Dean thinks "something" is coming and that he could teach him how to use it like how he was taught young. But Dean screams to shut up about the gun and Ben leaves apologizing. Lisa finds Ben locks in his room and questions Dean on why he shouted at Ben, to which he replies Ben did not do anything wrong, then Lisa asked what did Dean do then. He replies that he overreacted, and that he just wanted Ben and her to stay safe. Lisa argued that they still have to go on with their lives and cannot stay locked in the house forever.
Sam heads in to a suspected hit location and finds a couple already murdered, the invader later attacks Sam but ran off after he was slit on his arm with silver. Dean receives a calls from Sam and threatens him if he don't meet him immediately he will drive to his door step. He meets him and sees the baby sitting in the backseat.
Back at Lisa's, Dean asks to go over using a gun with Lisa, he then looks over and gets reluctant to leave and help Sam which then Lisa jokingly threatens if he does not leave, she will shoot. Dean kisses Lisa and leaves, Lisa looks upon. He reaches the meeting point with Sam and he tells him his not sure what they are dealing with yet, only he freaked out and ran off after he cut him with silver. Dean suggests to get 'supplies' after glances of the baby, Sam replies that he has arsenal, which he then replies 'not that kind'.
While Sam and Dean is at the supermarket to get supplies for the baby, they are offered assistance with the crying baby by a kind, older woman. Dean realizes that the woman is a shifter when he sees her eyes flare in the monitor for the security camera and warns Sam. The woman tries to make a run for it with the baby, they save the baby and get away, but the shifter sees their license plate. We see the shifter contacting a police station, disguised as a police officer, to identify their car.
At the motel, Sam comments that his surprise on how much of a parent Dean is when he takes care of the baby. Sam later leaves the motel room to get more information. He found out that the baby's mother had sex with whom she thought was her husband but was the shapeshifter, he called Dean to tell him just as he sees the baby crying from shifting itself to look like the baby in the diaper box. Dean is caring for the baby, a manager claims there is a complain at the door but Dean tells him is a bad time and denies him entry and a policeman forces his way in. The policeman is revealed to be a shifter, who says "our father", telling him that someone else wants the baby. Sam appears and kills the shifter. Sam and Dean are in the car wondering what to do when Sam suggests bringing the baby to their grandfather, Samuel.
They appear and Samuel suggests raising the baby to be a hunter. Dean is horrified by this and attempts to take the baby back but then a shifter shows up as Samuel, while Sam, Dean and the baby travel to the panic room. The shifter kills Mark Campbell by snapping his neck, and an angry Samuel, Christian and Gwen attempt to kill it with silver and other weapons. The shifter appears to be immune to all their weapons and even the tranquilizer darts Samuel uses. Sam and Dean make it to the panic room but suddenly the shifter appears as Sam, knocking him out. The shifter transforms into Dean, but instead of changing skin like all other shapeshifters, it just appears to change shape like an illusion. The shifter takes the baby from Dean, while knocking him out. After the attack, Dean wakes up to find the baby gone. Sam and Samuel are discussing who the shifter was and Samuel explains to Dean that they were dealing with the Alpha Shapeshifter, the very first of his kind. The myths about it have proven to be true. As Sam and Dean walk out of the house, Dean explains to Sam that a shifter mentioned "our father" and that he meant the alpha shifter. Dean asks Sam if he heard the conversation, to which Sam replies he heard a little but doesn't remember the shifter mentioning their father.
After the ride home, Dean finds Lisa in the kitchen. Dean explains that he would like to keep her and Ben safe but feels like his becoming his father who was similar to a prison guard. A saddened Lisa explains that he cannot keep them safe while he's around struggling to be at here and out there, and tells him to go and help his brother; he can come when he can. A saddened Dean agrees and walks over to the garage, where he pulls the cover off the Impala and drives away.
- Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester and Alpha Shapeshifter
- Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester and Alpha Shapeshifter
- Cindy Sampson as Lisa Braeden
- Nicholas Elia as Ben Braeden
- Mitch Pileggi as Samuel Campbell and Alpha Shapeshifter
Featured Supernatural BeingsEdit
- Alphas (Alpha Shapeshifter)
- Crossroad Demon (Crowley, on the phone)
- Ghouls (mentioned only)
- Shapeshifters (Bobby John, Bobby John's Father)
- Zombies (mentioned only)
- Antagonist: Shapeshifters, Alpha Shapeshifter
- The title references the popular TV series of the same name.
- It's unclear why the Alpha Shapeshifter didn't kill Dean the same way he killed Mark (by snapping his neck). A possible explanation is that he let Dean live because Dean really did have Bobby-John's best interests in mind.
- The scene in the supermarket where baby Bobby John is crying and Dean picks him up and then mocks his crying, was actually improvised by Jensen.
- Sam said, among other things, that the creature he fought "freaked" when he touched it with silver. He went on to say that it could be a "ghoul, zombie, shapeshifter or about a dozen other things". However, ghouls are immune to silver, as seen in the Season 4 episode Jump the Shark. The Adam Ghoul was specifically shown to be immune to it and it was later commented that his being a ghoul was the reason why.
- When the baby first changes form and Dean rises from the bed to investigate, a man's voice can be heard shouting "Action!".
- When Sam goes to visit the father of one of the children, he uses the Impala but when they flee from the motel, they are in the Dodge Charger SRT8.
- Smoke on the Water - Deep Purple
- Sam: "Dean, make it stop."
- Dean: "How?"
- Sam: "Everyone's staring at us like we're child abusers! Feed it!"
- Dean: "We fed it!"
- Sam: "Then what?!"
- Dean: "I don't know. You think I speak baby? Maybe he needs a diaper change."
- Sam: "Oh God, I hope not."
- Gwen: [to baby shifter] "Well, aren't you just the best disguise a monster ever wore?"
- Dean: "You can't Angelina Jolie a Shapeshifter!"
- Samuel: "Christian. You and Arlene, still no luck on the baby front?"
- Christian: "Not yet, no."
- Samuel: "But you want one?"
- Christian: [chuckles] "Yeah, we do."
- Samuel: [as he hands baby shifter to Christian] "Congrats. It's a boy." [beat] "Sometimes."
- Sam: "Not every hunter is a headcase. I mean, Samuel is actually a lot like you."
- Dean: "I'm a freakin' headcase!"
- German: Zwei Jäger und ein Baby (Two Hunters and a Baby)
- French: Baby Blues
- Hungarian: Átváltozás (Transformation)