This article is about a subject that is from official sources but is not considered canon.
In 1993, Tora traveled to the town of Laurel Hill, New Jersey, causing a rash of disasters. While there, Tora impregnated three women with his half human spawn before leaving. Hunter Roy Dempsey suspected an oni had visited town, but it was gone again before he could fully investigate.
In 2011, Tora returned for his three sons, Ryan Bramble, Dalton Rourke and Jesse Trumball. Upon his return to town, Tora started causing a series of mass casualty events that claimed many lives while drawing the attention of hunters Sam and Dean Winchester and Bobby Singer. Tora also began working on using a calling ritual to start the transformation of his sons into full oni and capturing a woman for the demon gate ritual that would turn her into an oni as well and the perfect mate for him. Despite the best efforts of the hunters, they were unable to defeat Tora due to his invulnerability and he incited a mass slaughter at an opera house to complete his sons transformation. Joined by the retired Roy and several police officers, the three hunters battled the four oni to no avail, leading to Roy's death at Dalton's hands. As Dalton went to attack Dean, Dean shot him in his third eye, killing him and revealing the oni's weakness. Reeling from the death of his son and with his third eye under attack, Tora retreated with Ryan and Jesse. As the three oni regrouped, they were located by Ryan's girlfriend Sumiko Jones whose appearance stirred Ryan's humanity, causing Jesse to kill him. After the woman he wanted to turn tricked Tora into killing her, Tora attempted to use the demon gate ritual on Sumiko instead. Before he could, the Winchesters and Bobby attacked once more, killing Jesse. As Dean attempted to separate Tora from his kanabo, Roy Dempsey's cat arrived and Tora was stunned as it was an obake. With Tora distracted, Dean knocked his kanabo from his hand with a crowbar, enabling Bobby to kill Tora with three rifle shots to his third eye.
Powers and Abilities
As ann oni, Tora is an immensely powerful monster with many different powerful abilities which is enhanced by his use of a kanabo.
- Invisibility - If Tora wishes, he can disappear from human perception. However, this requires concentration and focus.
- Weather manipulation - Tora displayed the ability to create damaging thunderstorms to herald his arrival in a town. He was also able to generate some turbulence for a plane to cause a skydiver to hit his head and suffer a fatal fall.
- Telepathy - Tora is capable of reading the minds of its targets for information on them.
- Clairvoyance - Tora is capable of observing everything around him for a great distance in his mind by focusing on it. The range of this ability is increased when he opens his third eye.
- Super strength - Oni are immensely strong, able to fling grown men around with ease.
- Talon like claws - Tora has claws that can rip open a human's throat, instantly killing them. These claws are also capable of ripping people apart with ease.
- Telekinesis - Tora was able to cause a series of accidents by subtly manipulating objects in the vicinity of its victims with its mind. Such effects included causing a roof shingle to slip out from under a man, an air hose to whip around to draw another to a roof's edge then yank him off, a caulk gun to roll under another man's foot to cause him to slip and fall, a tree branch to suddenly spring upright causing a man on a ladder to suffer a fatal fall, causing a tire to blow out and a cup of coffee to spill. Tora was even able to affect objects 13,000 feet in the air, causing a skydiver's parachute cords to tangle, the line holding another's to snap and his entire harness to tear off of him.
- Electrokinesis - Tora was able to purposefully disable electronics, including the computer system on three skydivers parachutes to cause the failsafe to the reserve parachutes to fail. Tora was also able to change a stoplight from red to green while ensuring that the opposing light also remained green and ensure no airbags deployed in the cars involved in the accident he caused.
- Electromagnetic Interference - Tora's presence in an area scrambled all electronics nearby.
- Thermokinesis - Tora was able to cause a spark in accumulated dryer lint that started a deadly fire.
- Biokinesis - Tora was able to cause a man to have a heart attack.
- Disease Manipulation - Tora was able to manipulate relatively harmless strains of disease into more deadly and virulent strains and spread them with ease. After Tora's death, the diseases it had caused lost strength and the people who were infected with them and still alive recovered.
- Sedation - Tora was able to deliberately make a man in a house he passed fall asleep.
- Spell Casting - As an oni, he could cast a variety of spells. Among these are the demon gate ritual to transform a normal human into an oni and the ritual to complete his children's conversion into full oni.
- Terrakinesis - Tora was able to collapse a pedestrian bridge by increasing and spreading the cracks existing in the framework through tremors generated by his kanabo. He was later able to collapse an entire stadium by targeting its weak spots with tremors. He also opened crevices and fissures in the ground.
- Conversion - Using the demon gate ritual, Tora could transform a regular human into an oni to be his mate. Once an oni gains enough power from the chaos it causes, they can claim a town for themselves and in doing so, along with causing smaller disasters to happen without their direct supervision, begin the conversion of their half-human children into full oni, resulting in them suffering massive headaches and personality changes more in line with their oni halves than with a human. A ritual involving the breaking of a human bone after the killing of dozens of people causes the oni children to break with their humanity and start to truly become oni. The oni then use a ritual of blood involving the slaughter of hundreds to complete the transformation from hybrids to full oni.
- Shapeshifting - Tora is able to take on a more human appearance by shortening its hair and horns and changing its fingernails and teeth to be more human. Tora could also reverse this transformation to take on his full oni appearance at will.
- Pyrokinesis - Tora was able to cause the flame on Dean's Zippo lighter to go out.
- Mental Manipulation - Tora was able to make a man with anger management issues go into a homicidal rage. To distract the Winchesters from the pedestrian bridge overpass collapse, Tora was able to use a tendril of his power to aggravate Sam's hallucinations of Lucifer. As Tora's power increased, merely being in his presence caused Sam's hallucinations to flare up and in his area of influence, a man to drive away from a gas pump while forgetting to put the pump away, causing an explosion.
- Reality Warping - As an oni's power grows from absorbing the chaos it creates, its influence will spread through a town and cause the same kinds of accidents it could cause up close but without it needing to be present for them. However, this effect only worked for the smaller scale stuff and the bigger stuff, such as a stadium collapse, required Tora's personal attention and effort. These effects ended when Tora left town the first time and when he was killed the second time.
- Super Agility - Tora displayed the ability to jump onto a dumpster, then a utility pole and climb hand over hand up the pole to a nearby roof effortlessly.
- Blood Link - Tora maintains a blood link with its offspring that allows it to influence them.
- Invulnerability - Tora is invulnerable to any sort of normal harm including bullets and being hit with vehicles. Tora's only weakness was his third eye while he doesn't have his kanabo.
- Power Granting - Tora could grant his offspring who haven't fully transformed yet a degree of his invulnerability for several hours.
- Third Eye - Opening its third eye, Tora could increase its area of influence, causing disasters on a much larger scale.
- Chaos Absorption - Tora is able to replenish and strengthen its powers by absorbing energy from the chaos he generates. The more chaos generated, the more energy he receives.
As an oni, Tora is a powerful monster with few true weaknesses.
- Soybean Ritual - A ritual involving soybeans can banish an oni from a town.
- Holly - Holly leaves carried by someone will disrupt an oni's power and make it unable to influence that person in any way.
- Obake - Benevolent Japanese monsters who are enemies of the oni. An obake appeared to temporarily hypnotize an Tora into standing still.
- Loss of Kanabo - An oni's kanabo shields its third eye as well as amplifies an oni's power. After Dean knocked Tora's kanabo from his hand, his third eye became vulnerable.
- Third Eye - After Tora's kanabo was no longer shielding his third eye, Bobby Singer was able to kill him with three rifle rounds to the third eye.
- Death of His Children - Due to the blood link between an adult oni and its children, if one of them is killed, it is caused great pain. However, it is not debilitating or fatal.
- Overstraining - Overstraining its powers to cause a disaster lessens the effect of the "bad luck" on those in its more immediate vicinity, leaving the oni more vulnerable to being attacked. However, the oni's invulnerability remains unaffected by this and it remains nearly impossible to kill.
- Restoration of Order - Restoring order to chaos generated by an oni prematurely will hurt the oni like a psychic hammer blow. However, this is not crippling or otherwise harmful to the oni beyond being painful.