In Oz, she ruled harshly the western regions and led an army of Flying Monkeys and evil witches. Dorothy came to Oz, killed the witch's sister, the Wicked Witch of the East and took her Ruby Slippers with her. After Dorothy got accidentally Left behind by her father, she joined up with three freedom fighters. The Witch turned them into a lion, a scarecrow and a tin man. Later the Witch and Dorothy arrived on Earth. In 1935, Dorothy managed to capture her and took her to the Men of Letters bunker, hoping they would have a way to kill her. However the Men of Letters could not find anything. the Witch broke free and possessed Peter Jenkins who tried to stop her. To stop her, Dorothy bound the two together with one of the Men of Letters spells.
In 2013, the Witch was accidentally released when Dean knocked over the bottle containing the binding spell. Freed the Witch continued to search for the Key to Oz. While searching the Bunker she met Crowley, who sent her to the kitchen. She later attacked Sam and Dorothy in the main room, but using special Poppy laced bullets they drove her off. Sneaking into Dean's room, she stole the key and tried to kill him, however Charlie dived in the way of the blast killing her. Dean shot the Witch weakening her and forcing her to retreat. Now with the key, the Witch was still weakened, she caught Sam. Dean intervened but they both ended up being possessed. The Witch sent them to kill Charlie and Dorothy. They also revealed the Witches plan wasn't to go back to Oz but to bring her armies to the real world. The Witch began the ceremony and opened the door to Oz. However before her armies arrived, Charlie stabbed her in the back of the head with one of the Ruby Slippers, then stabbed the other into her, killing the Witch.
Powers and abilities
- Invulnerability- She was otherwise indestructible to all methods that hunters attempted in order to kill her though magic from Oz could harm and kill her.
- Super strength- Strong enough to overpower Sam and throw Dean.
- Magic - The Wicked Witch was capable of performing magic. She could release emerald blasts of magic that instantly killed those struck. She could also transform into a vapor of black-green and heal when wounded. Her largest feat of magic was performing a ritual to call her Flying Monkeys into Earth, though she did fail to bring them into the world. She can also accomplish a degree of reality warping with her magic, as she was able to transform three freedom fighters into unnatural forms such as a tin man, a scarecrow and a cowardly lion.
- Possession - Her magic enabled her to possess anyone around her by touching them and turning them against their allies. She was even able to gain control of an occupied angelic vessel.
- Electrokinesis - Her magic also enabled her to electrocute objects and people
- Reality Warping - According to Dorothy the Wicked Witch could transform other people into different beings and animals.
- Smoke Transportation - She could disappear in the form of smoke.
The Wicked Witch had little weaknesses that could be exploited. Even the Men of Letters had no literature that identified her weaknesses. Dorothy said that she tried cutting off the witch's head, burning her, and even dousing her with holy water, all to no avail.
- Devil's Trap - The magic wards in the bunker of the Men of Letters were powerful enough to repel the Wicked Witch.
- Binding spell - She could be incapacitated by magic.
- Angels - It is unknown how she would fare against angels, but Gadreel, posing as Ezekiel, even though he was barely at half-strength, hinted that he could help and was strong enough to defeat the Wicked Witch.
- Fairies - The Wicked Witch could be repelled or harmed by magic originating from Oz and from other fairies.
- Poppy Extract - The extract of poppies from Oz are capable of stunning her.
- Ruby Slippers - She can be killed by the magic of the slippers.
- Death's Scythe - It can kill anything.
- Fairy Blade (possibly) - As a weapon from Oz, a fairy blade could presumably kill her.
- Because she originated from Oz (which Oz itself is a part of Avalon), she may be considered as a Fairy.
- She is fluent in English.
- When she was killed, her corpse somehow disappeared, the only thing that remained was her black dress.
- Technically, she is the second creature which displayed ability to possess angelic vessels, as she possessed Sam (which served as Gadreel's vessel). The first is the Leviathans (possessing Castiel in Meet The New Boss), and the third is the demon, Crowley (possessing Sam in Road Trip).
- While Dorothy had trouble killing her on Earth, this may be because the weapons that could actually kill her were in Oz where she originated from. This is indicated by the fact that "sharp" Oz magic in the form of the Ruby Slippers could kill her. Presumably weapons like the Fairy Blade could do the job as they are magical weapons from Oz.
- In L. Frank Baum's 1900 novel The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, The Wicked Witch of the West is a short one-eyed crone.
- Despite her name, she was considered to be a native of the fairy world, and was not comparable to other witches previously seen.
- Dorothy's description of the binding spell indicated that the Wicked Witch had a soul.
- Her blood had a dark green tinge, similar to the color of smoke or vapor she takes to escape.
- Crowley was aware of her existence and recognized her on sight, even commenting that he loved her work. He also indicated that she could kill him, as he claims to have sent her on a goose chase before she could "melt him".
- Dorothy indicated that there were more of her kind, enough to constitute an army, in Oz. Additionally, in the story written by Frank Baum, there was another Wicked Witch, and they each took dominion of the east and west of Oz, as opposed to the Good Witches of the North and South who defeated the wicked witches who previously ruled the North and South.
- Though her tongue was cut out, she could speak through the people she possessed/controlled.
- The wicked witch was mentioned in Mommy Dearest, although it was used by Dean to describe Eve.
- According to Gadreel, she is very powerful. This indicated even powerful Angels couldn't have easily defeated her.