|You think his friends just called him Yellow Eyes? He had a name.|
This article is about a canonical individual whose real name is unknown, and is known only by a conjectural title, nickname or alias.
This unnamed vampire transformed Benny Lafitte, and was commonly referred to as The Old Man/The Maker. His real name was unknown. He led a group of vampires that attacked ships while at sea, who Dean referred to as "vampirates".
History[edit | edit source]
Background[edit | edit source]
He seemed to lead in a format similar to that of a cult leader as his vampire servants call him "Father". After Benny fell in love with a human named Andrea Kormos and abandoned The Old Man and his nest, The Old Man hunted Benny down and killed him, turning Andrea into a vampire as revenge against Benny, making her his second-in-command.
Fifty years later, Benny was resurrected by the hunter Dean Winchester. With Dean's help, he came after The Old Man for revenge. After escaping thanks to Andrea, Benny confronted The Old Man who refused to fight back, hating the world and wanting to die on his own terms. Promising to show The Old Man a new world, Benny killed him with Andrea's knife while Dean killed all of the other vampires in his nest.
Powers and Abilities[edit | edit source]
As a vampire, he has all the powers of one, but is presumably more powerful due to his advanced age:
- Super Strength - He possessed great strength and because of his age, the old man was much stronger than most vampires and probably also far stronger than Benny when he chose to psych him by not striking back.
- Super Speed - He was able to move at speeds greater than humans can and presumably greater than most vampires.
- Super Agility - He possessed incredible agility.
- Super Senses - He possessed enhanced senses.
- Immortality - He could potentially live forever. He can't grow old and won't get sick. Given that he was called the old man, he was probably over a thousand years old, but had the appearance of a man in his late 20s at best.
- Invulnerability - He could not be killed by conventional methods such as gunshots or stab wounds.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Casting call describes him as The Old Man, who appears to be a nice young man but is really an ancient and evil vampire.
- Despite being an ancient vampire, he had no knowledge of Purgatory.
- He had complete control over his "children". Benny even said "When you turn, you're completely loyal to your maker". The Old Man is the first vampire shown to ever have this effect on those he turned, save the Alpha Vampire.