|“||That? That'll kill anything.||”|
The Equalizer, also called The Hammurabi, is a gun crafted by God. It is supposed to be able to kill anything, and even wound God. The gun uses no bullets, and instead "sends a wave of multidimensional energy across a perfectly balanced quantum link between whoever's shooting it and whoever they're shooting at."
History[edit | edit source]
God presents the Equalizer to the Winchesters and Castiel as the only weapon capable of killing Jack. However, whatever happens to the target also happens to the shooter, meaning that whoever kills Jack will die as well.
In a cemetery, Dean confronts Jack with the Equalizer, but can't bring himself to kill Jack to God's rage, instead dropping the gun. After he slipped his tongue and revealed that all of the events in the Winchester life were just a mere "epic story", the brothers refused to kill Jack. In response, God begins smiting Jack. Sam grabs the weapon and shoots God, hitting God in the shoulder and injuring himself at the same time. However, the Equalizer at first seemingly fails to cause God any real harm and God decides to end the world, unleashing the souls of Hell upon the Earth, including many evils that were neutralized by the Winchesters in the past.
In Back and to the Future, it is revealed that the weapon is in the possession of Winchester Family after Dean puts the weapon in the glove box of the Impala. Castiel tries to heal Sam of his wound from the gun, though revealed it contained an energy that he never felt before. Touching the wound gives Castiel disturbing visions of Sam as well.
In Raising Hell, it is revealed that the Equalizer not only wounded God, but also severely weakened his power and left him in a diminished state. The wound in his shoulder will not heal and connects to Sam's same wound to an extent. According to Amara, God can still do "a few parlor tricks," but is now too weak to even leave the Earth without her help which she refuses to give or to heal his wound.
In Proverbs 17:3, a resurrected Lilith destroys the gun. However, Sam speculates that his dark dreams are Sam seeing God's possible endings due to the link created between them when Sam shot God with the Equalizer.
In Our Father, Who Aren't in Heaven, Castiel shows Michael several of his memories of God's betrayals, including God's attempt to get Dean to kill Jack with the Equalizer and Sam shooting God with the gun. Michael, disillusioned by these revelations, later tells Dean and Castiel that God should be weak enough for the Primordial Entity Trapping Spell to work and trap God as God once did the Darkness.
Physical Appearance[edit | edit source]
The gun appeared to be an ordinary modern gun made from silver and decorated by black engravings.
Powers and Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Killing/Harming/Weakening - It can kill anything, even its maker, God. A shoulder shot severely weakened God and left him in a diminished state. Michael believes that God has been weakened enough that the same spell that trapped the Darkness after she was weakened by the power of all four archangels will now work on God.
Drawbacks[edit | edit source]
- User Damaging - As God explained it, whatever happens to the target also happens to the user. For example, when Sam shot God in the shoulder, he was also injured in the exact same spot. If one were to kill using this gun, they would die as well.
Known Users[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Season 14
- Season 15
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Equalizer's very similar to The Colt.
- God believes that his sister can easily heal the wound caused by the gun, but this is unconfirmed as she refuses to even try.
- Lilith refers to it as the magic gun.
- The design of the Equalizer resembles an engraved, nickel-plated EAA Witness with custom grips.