Can Someone change title too Seraphim and can someone please explain to me how to start a new page properly i clicked a red link but it gave me another title when i clicked a red link of Rachel Miner it put the title Rachel Miner when i wanted it to be Seraphim
Guys Castiel, Uriel and Anna are Seraphim cause back during there was a spoiler stated that they where seraphim
Please prove that statement. Where is the factual evidence for those angels being seraphim? As far as I know their considered normal angels.
the thing is i can't really prove it anymore cause that spoiler is long gone from over a year ago there was a spoiler a year ago from the CW stating that they where seraphim but the spoiler is long gone so there's no way to track it down nowSmallville944 23:02, November 10, 2009 (UTC)Smallville944
Then please don't post any info without proof. Mirula
- I'll be deleting this article soon if the creator doesn't provide any further evidence. I've watched all the episodes of Supernatural thus far, and not once I do recall Seraphim being mentioned at all. Calebchiam Talk 06:37, November 11, 2009 (UTC)
- Castiel cannot be a Seraphim because firstly: Seraphim has six wings. Two covering the eyes, two over the feet and two to fly. When Castiel is first introduced, he is shown with only two. Also, Seraphim do not leave God's presence and only fly around him. The only possible Seraphim was in the "Botanical Garden" or God's throne room when Heaven was shown and Uriel was on the search for the brothers. But this is highly unlikly, as angels have no physical form. -Collin 184.108.40.206 04:31, November 9, 2012 (UTC)
- OK TO CLEAR THIS ALL UP IN A NUTSHELL, 1. SERAPHIM AND DIFFERENT RANKS OF ANGELS WERE MENTIONED IN A SUPERNATURAL INTERVIEW IN A SPN MAGAZINE. THEY ARE OFFICIAL. 2. PEOPLE HAVE A MISCONCEPTION THAT SINCE ZACHERIA IS A SERAPHIM AND HAS SIX WINGS, THEREFORE ALL SERAPHIM HAVE SIX WINGS. THIS IS NOT THE CASE. CAS IS A SERAPHIM BECAUSE HE CLEARLY SAYS IT IN 8X05. THIS ARTICLE HAS CLEAR EVIDENCE AND SHOULD NOT BE DELETED. Winchester7314 (talk) 04:34, November 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Castiel wasn't a Seraphim when he was first introduced into the show. He was a regular angel then. When Castiel was brought back at the end of "Swan Song", he mentioned about being brought back as "new and improved". I believe it was last week's episode that Castiel confirmed that he is in fact a Seraphim. Zachariah is considered to be a Seraph and we only saw 2 of his 6 wings after Dean killed him. Oh and it was Zachariah who was searching for Sam and Dean. Uriel was long dead by then. It was Uriel's death for why Zachriah appeared. L4D2 Ellis (talk) 05:16, November 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Technically Zachriah said IN HEAVEN he had six wings and 4 faces. Maybe on earth his wings just manifest as two. I don't think they ever said he was a Seraph but based on religious teaching that description would make him Seraphim. As for Castiel, after he was resurected by God for the second time at the end of Swan Song, he said he was brought back "new and improved" although it wasn't until 8x% I believe that he confirmed he was, in fact, a Seraph by telling Dean his Seraph nature was attracting things to them in Purgetory. No where else, in-universe as anyone been called or describe as a Seraph. It would stand to reason that there were other Seraphim, I would guess Naomi was one, possible Gadreel considering he was told to guard Eden he would have needed to be powerful. Ana might have been one since she seemed to maintain all her angelic powers despite being cut off from heaven much the way Castiel retained his angelic powers after being made "new and improved" despite being cut off from heaven. This is unlike all of season 5, where he was a lower ranked angel and as a result of his isolation from the heavenly host began to lose his power as his Grace slowly faded, to the point that by the end he was fully human, his angelic Grace only being restored by God at the end of Swan Song.
- Currently as of 10x9 I am not sure if Castiel is still a Seraph, his Grace was stolen by Metatron and the Grace he is using now is from, presumibly, a run of the mill angel. It would make sense though if he were just a regular angel again. My theory is that Castil will either beable to harvest residual Grace from Claire Novak (maybe that is what Metatron meant when he said some of Cas's Grace is left), or there is actually some left from the spell to cast angels out of heaven and Castiel can use that to restore himself. I would assume that were he able to get access to his old Grace from Claire he would remain a lower ranked angel, if he gets it from Metatron he would return to Seraphim. Either way I would assume he would regain his wings since he didn't have his Grace when the angels were stripped of theirs.
- Ooo, another thought, maybe Metatron will tell Cas that he can use the remaining Grace to reverse the spell or heal himself. Cas will undoubtidly use it to reverse the spell, thinking he will die, only to be reminded by Sam that "And the departed shall remain, and the remains shall be the departed" and that he can harvest some Grace from Claire... and now that I'm completely off topic.220.127.116.11 15:25, December 11, 2014 (UTC)
- :: Cherubim have four faces. In no Christian source is a Seraph ever described with four faces. They have one face, and it is fiery and burning and covered with two wings. There are no angels in Christian or Judaic lore that match Zachariah's description of his heavenly form because Cherubim have four wings and four faces and Seraphim have six wings and one face. See Isaiah and Ezekiel's visions, for Christian sources to clarify this; for Judaic sources, I recommend Maimonides (12th century Hebrew scholar who dictated the Merkabah heirarchy) or literally any Jew, because the Amidah involves repeating Isaiah's vision. 18.104.22.168 23:41, December 22, 2014 (UTC)
Outside sources don't affect the series, here in edits. Unless, they are credited spoilers or writer's commentary. Even though Judan-Christian terms are often used and is used as the series main religion. It's their right to interpret it as they see fit. We report the series in details that are unbiased. Now if I remember Seraphs or the Seraphim of the First Sphere in Christianity are the highest rank of celestial beings. They have been protaried as fiery with either2, 4, or 6 wings. And that part matches Zachariah's ethereal form, to at least the series view. [[User:Twilight Despair 5|]] ([[The God of Creation]]) (talk) 03:53, December 23, 2014 (UTC)
Seraphs in Indiana Jones
Hey, I believe Naomi is a Seraph. She's so powerful that she can summon Castiel to her, who was also a Seraph, and it would make sense another Seraph can command a Seraph.
|“||The only thing that can kill an angel... is another angel.||”|
Also, remember Raiders of the Lost Ark? This is the whole point of my post. The angels that come out of the Ark in that movie, are they Seraphim? I believe they are. Although we never see their wings and they look human, I believe they are meant to be Seraphim based on the concept that humans will die if they see their true forms. And yeppers, I wrote all that with barely looking at my keyboard.
Anyhow, I am currently writing a novel, (my latest one) which, spoilers, is about angels. I believe I will make the main antagonist of this novel a Seraphim, I haven't included them yet. LawEnforcementCombustion (talk) 12:13, December 16, 2015 (UTC)
Well, as I heard, Naomi is at least a Seraph, but that is not related her control over Castiel. Naomi brainwashed him and developed a bond between her and him after she got Cas out of Purgatory. Their bond is like in Dean and Death in S7E01.
About Indiana, I don't think they are Seraphim because Seraphim are at God's Throne. I don't even know that if they are angels. All I know is the Ark was protected by Cherubim. SeraphLucifer (talk) 19:02, December 16, 2015 (UTC)SeraphLucifer
Changing Page's Name
I really wish the show would explain who the other Seraphs were. Several angels displayed powers and qualities only known to Seraphs and above, such as Naomi and Gadreel. The ranking system of the angels seems very fuzzy. Between Anna and Zachariah, I still don't know who is higher in rank, or what rank did Zachariah actually hold. I think season 12 should focus on this rather than family dynamics or Castiel's life or something. Kajune (talk) 14:27, September 4, 2016 (UTC)
Definetely Kajune. Writers have to explain lot about angels, like demons. Currently we know Hell's hierachy but we don't have an exact information about Grigori, Rit Zien, Seraphim. Between Anna and Zachariah, Zachariah is definetely higher. Cas took over Anna's position in the garrison. Garrison captains have to directly answer to Zachariah so Zach is hundred percent higher than Anna. It has been said that we will learn about Castiel's life this season. We will learn more about all characters this season as I know, especially their past. Also Gadreel's astral projection was like same as Cas' in season 8. I believe that he could be a Seraph, but we have no knowledge unfortunately. SeraphLucifer (talk) 17:01, September 4, 2016 (UTC)SeraphLucifer
Zachariah Is A Seraphim
Can somebody please edit this and the Zachariah page? Somebody seems to have removed Zachariah as being a Seraphim, but he was the first one we saw. What's the deal? --NoxiousDonny
Could it be implied based on described appearance that Zachariah might be one? I don't see it wrong, as long as it's implied based on how he described himself and not outward stating it. Stating it like in the trivia section. Example: Zachariah has described his true angelic form similar to the forms associated with Seraphs, impling he might be one.[[User:Twilight Despair 5|]] ([[The God of Creation]]) (talk) 17:09, February 17, 2017 (UTC)
Well, if it was implied, maybe. I'm still reluctant, because it wasn't outright stated. I mean some angels were stated to be Archangels outside SPN canon, saying Zachariah is one may set a possibly dangerous precident in taking implications as fact and result in edit warring. Zane T 69 (talk) 17:59, February 17, 2017 (UTC)
Can you trust Zachariah? He might have been boasting. Not to mention, there are other angels who have displayed the powers of a Seraph, but never outright stated to be a Seraph. Given that Supernatural is never keen on sticking with continuity or lore, it is best not to rely on implications, especially when it comes to Zachariah. Kajune (talk) 18:03, February 17, 2017 (UTC)
Agree with Kaj. As an angel lore reader, Seraphim do have 6 wings but not 4 faces. 4 faces belong to Cherubim which is composed of human, lion, ox and eagle as I remember. I personally think writers are not even aware of Cass' status as a Seraph, neither care about that class of angels. Also SPN lore isn't really based on real life lore so it is better to leave that topic alone. We nearly have 0 clues about Seraphim. SeraphLucifer (talk) 18:11, February 17, 2017 (UTC)SeraphLucifer
I feel stupid, I forgot what Zachariah said about his face. I only remembered the wings, multiple ones normally the three sets are commonly associated with the Seraphim and the lower ranks of the heightest angelic sphere of angels.[[User:Twilight Despair 5|]] ([[The God of Creation]]) (talk) 18:43, February 17, 2017 (UTC)