why are Leviathans included on this page? I thought it was agreed that they were simply immune to there powers, that's why thery can still teleport and use there strength enhanced. General MGD 109 (talk) 20:31, March 14, 2013 (UTC)
- If I recall correctly, the leviathans in Purgatory jammed Cas' ability to zap himself, Dean, and Benny out of the area. And it would make sense, considering that they're as old (if not older) than Eve and are related to her. As for how the angels in 7.21 managed to teleport into Kevin's house, well, why would Edgar want to prevent the angels from handing Kevin right to him and walking into his trap? They angels certainly couldn't teleport out, and the one who tried to attack Edgar didn't make physical contact with him (instead he looked confused that he wasn't able to fire a big white heaven laser), which to me seems more like his powers were being jammed, not that Edgar was simply immune to them. Ensephylon (talk) 21:54, March 14, 2013 (UTC)
You do have a point about that, but the angel tried to do was throw edgar telekinetically (as most angels don't angels don't posses white light) plus when fighting Leviathans in Purgatory, Castiel still had his enhanced strength and durability, if they were able to block his powers, wouldn't they have done it rather than let him have a fight. Plus upto date there has been no scene which shows them being able to block angels powers, likewise no angel ever reacted like there powers where blocked. General MGD 109 (talk) 22:01, March 14, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, in "Survival of the Fittest", 7X23, Castiel, an Angel, still was able to use his super strength and his enhanced durability. Also, in Purgatory, Castiel maintained his strength and durability, while battling the Leviathans. -- ImperiexSeed, 6:39 PM, March 14th 2013
- Although didn't Cas mention in Purgatory he couldn't teleport because there were leviathans that were too close?
- Yes, I do recall Cas saying that. Although, two Angelic beings (Kevin Tran's guardians) were able to teleport into the presence of a Leviathan without any problems. So I'd say the writers definitely contradicted their information between episodes 7X21/7X23 and 8X5. Also, Castiel, while in the presence of Dick, the strongest Leviathan, retained his super strength and durability. I find it interesting to note, that the Leviathans didn't impair any demon's power. And, if Angels have a power source, I'm sure demons do, too. -- ImperiexSeed, 3:09 PM, March 15th 2013
- Well, as I said in my previous comment, why would Edgar want to prevent the two angels from 7.21 from walking right into his trap by delivering Kevin right to him? It makes more sense for him to block their powers once they're in the room so that Kevin is present and the angels can't run away or stop him from taking Kevin. The leviathans in Purgatory would have essentially had Cas cornered, so they would have been jamming him from the moment they detected him. So it's not really a contradiction so much as it is a difference in strategy. As for Dick, he could have just been full of hubris - it certainly would be within his character. Although my memory fails me in this instance; when did Cas use his super-strength around Dick? Ensephylon (talk) 10:32, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
Well he teleported into the room, survived being flung into a wall like a rag doll, and was for a moment able to hold Dick Roman back so Dean could stab him, from that I'll take it he still had his powers, likewise in his fights with Leviathans in Purgatory Castiel still possessed his super strength and durability, plus Castiel was still able to teleport around Roman enterprises which was full of Leviathans, although you have a point about he could have let him teleport in, why let him continue once in? Sure its possible they could only block certain powers, but why? One angelic power is not the different from the next, what would they have to gain, why not stip the whole hog? Sure Lucifer only blocked the deities power to escape, but don't forget he was trying to make a big thing out of how he was so much stronger than them, so he left them all there other powers to show them just how inferior to him they were. Surely the Leviathans wouldn't do this so often. Form the evidence we've got at the momment it seems more likely that they are immune to angels magical powers, rather than being able to block there powers, after all Leviathans are ancient beasts, up to date nothing other than Borax hurts them. Plus why should the fact the fact that demons don't gain powers from any source mean, if they could block powers, mean they can't for them? Lucifer blocked the deties power to teleport, Soul enhanced Castiel blocked Raphael's power to teleport, neither of them gain powers from any source. As for the line about not being able to teleport that bugs me, it strikes me why didn't Castiel simply do that with Dean and Benny and appear right next to this portal, rather than walk on a long dangerous journey that took a whole year, through monster land? Is it possible that it being Purgatory Castiel couldn't teleport all together, and he mearly assumed it was the leviathans blocking him? General MGD 109 (talk) 20:23, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Actually, Angels can teleport in Purgatory. Remember, in "Survival of the Fittest", Castiel teleported, leaving Dean stranded? Good point, KevinTheDestroyer. However, Demons, at least in lore, are inferno beings. So, possibly, maybe it's a possibility that Demons could retrieve some of their powers from the Pit. But, to this point, that's no more than speculation. -- ImperiexSeed, 4:34 PM, March 16th 2013
- I'm not sure that Castiel's supposed durability should be used to show that the leviathans weren't blocking his powers. If I recall correctly, all that the leviathans did to him in Purgatory was beat on him, which we've seen Sam and Dean go through several times and come out no worse for wear than Cas did during the scuffle at the portal. Even when Dick threw him against a wall in "Survival Of The Fittest", that was just another thing that we've seen Sam and Dean go through several times (like in "Meet The New Boss", "Slash Fiction, and "Out With The Old", and they still got up moments later and didn't look too damaged when it happened. As for teleporting around Sucrocorp, how many times did he even do that? I only counted once; the time he and Dean showed up in the lab, which, of course, would be Dick "letting him in" (because remember, he was under the impression that Crowley had given them the wrong blood and thus, they would not be able to kill him). Ensephylon (talk) 23:02, May 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Oh yeah, I forget about that, okay scrap that, but it does bring up an interestign question, why didn't he just teleport them there? I admit its possible him not being native he might not have been able to move to a place he didn't know, but surely he could have simply teleported say a couple of miles in the right direction and carry on from there, it would have saved them ages. General MGD 109 (talk) 20:50, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Ok, they weren't there for ages. ha ha Well, maybe Benny was, but they didn't travel for ages in Purgatory. But yes, Castiel could've teleported them 5 miles in, which would've saved them a lot of time. -- ImperiexSeed, 5:00 PM, March 16th 2013
- Well maybe not ages, but still it took them just under a year to get to the portal.General MGD 109 (talk) 21:05, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Yes, but "eons", "ages", "decades" - none of those fit the time frame of the time Dean and Cas spent in the realms of Purgatory. Benny, sure, he could fit "ages", but not in reference to the period Dean and Cas scampered around. -- ImperiexSeed, 6:56 PM, March 16th 2013
- Cas was able to teleport in Purgatory, yes--but not when the leviathans were specifically too close. Generally, it's unclear, some info points to immunity, but some also point to negation. How about we just make it so it is unclear on which one they have or if they have both.
Cain blocking Castiel's powers
User:Orion_Invictus, why did you revert my inclusion of Cain's ability to block Castiel without bothering to offer a rationale? It's pretty to me he was blocking Castiel; if you disagree, fine, but at least try and offer an argument, Mr Administrator. SonOfEve (talk) 21:15, January 18, 2020 (UTC)
- 1 - Not an admin.
- 2 - It was speculation, which is not allowed on the wiki.
- Orion (T-B-C) 21:19, January 18, 2020 (UTC)