reality warping? Edit
Wouldn't Mercury's transformation of the Elysian Fields Hotel count as matter manipulation instead of reality warping?
That is hard to say, but reality wrapping/altering isn't just making an new reality. Like Gabriel was acting as Trriscker and uses powers while stronger than a standard one, a Trickster. And he simple alter his surrounding, to go along with whatever he created. Like, this is hard to say, as some thing reality warping is just remaking or making a new reality. While, in some stances it can be just changing something in reality. As Mercury restrored a old ruined hotel into a nice one.[[User:Twilight Despair 5|]] ([[The God of Creation]]) (talk) 01:24, March 5, 2013 (UTC)
That feat falls neatly within the bounds of matter manipulation. Whereas ascribing reality warping to mercury is crediting him with power he didnt display. A nice reality warping feat would be Gabriel turning sam into a talking car, like the knight rider. or gabriel creating alternate realities from nothing.
- Matter Manipulation, huh? Interesting.... Well, that's an intriguing stance to take. I guess what god Mercury did could be considered Matter Manipulation....but why can't it also be incorporated into Reality Warping? Reality Warping, here, simply means to change the physics and or laws of reality. Which is essentially what he did - he created, or built, something (a huge luxurious hotel) out of rubble. -- ImperiexSeed, 9:07 PM, March 4th 2013
- That is my point. Some of reality wrapping is making new reality entirely, while some are just adding, subtracing, altering, retc something within reality.[[User:Twilight Despair 5|]] ([[The God of Creation]]) (talk) 02:28, March 5, 2013 (UTC)
- You cannot state the he maniuplated only matter, no more than we can say he wrapped reality. ( In a limited version). After all, electricity was restored to the hotel. As how is only affecting matter going to restore the power, as yes he could have only restored lines back to poles. But, I think the power company would notcies a large building with TV's and computers taking up all that power. As well, there was food for humans and the gods that wanted to eat human food and not just humans. Also, knives, pots, etc were using thme. Plus water, as well as gas for the stoves were working. So I think those, things were added onto the affect as I doudt they were all still there when Mercuray got there.[[User:Twilight Despair 5|]] ([[The God of Creation]]) (talk) 03:16, March 5, 2013 (UTC)
- Maybe mercury has electrokinesis? Besides, everything you listed can be accomplished with matter manipulation.
There is over lap between the two powers , but if his feat can be accounted for by a lesser power like matter manipulation, then crediting mercury with a greater power like reality warping seems unjustified, since he didnt do anything that ONLY reality warping can accomplish. We dont know that he changed physics in order to rebuild the hotel. He could have been unfluencing the matter with his mind against the physics, but not changing the physics itself.
For example, a telekinetic can influence an object against gravity with his mind and send it flying upwards, but he is not rewriting gravity so that objects fall upwards instead of downwards. Both powers can make things fly, but only one is changing the laws of reality to accomplish it while the other is not, so reality warping is the greater power
- I get your point. -- ImperiexSeed, 12:28 PM, March 5th 2013