The Archangel blade can kill any Archangel, as confirmed in Salute to Supernatural for season 5. But the Salute to Supernatural for season 6 says that Michael and Lucifer can only be killed by an Archangel blade in the hands of one of their brothers." That would explain why Gabriel won't just give Dean his real blade.: The Twilight of Your Despair 23:36, April 12, 2012 (UTC)
- That's up for debate. ...Wait, if you got a source, then by all means send it to me, and I'll make the necessary changes. -- ImperiexSeed, 67:49 PM, April 12th 2012
- Ill go look for the Salutes on my mobile logged in as I need to log in now to edit. Thats, why my grammar is even worse. But, everytime I find a salute its blocked like on youtube or the side interviews that happen during the main event of the Salute as something to do with copy-rights in Vancouer.: The Twilight of Your Despair 23:54, April 12, 2012 (UTC)
- Dude, like half the time you say "...because the Salute says so", or "it said so", but then you can't provide it. Thus, making it useless. However, you can't control Youtube, so I understand. -- ImperiexSeed, 8:00 PM, April 12th 2012
Here's an idea
Have you ever considered the possibility that the Archangel blade is just a regular Angel blade, but when used by an Archangel it's somehow powered? Considering we've never seen anyone else but an Archangel kill an Archangel with the blade, I'd say it's a believable assumption. What do you think? Auditore7 (talk) 14:11, September 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Uh, not likely. There are some flaws in that theory, I'm afraid. If that were the case, Gabriel wouldn't have even attempted to kill Lucifer with his blade, as there's no way he could power it up to the capacity to "ice" Lucifer. And I do believe Kali noted that is was an Archangel blade, separating it from your standard Angel blade. -- ImperiexSeed, 7:13 PM, September 6th 2012
- If memory serves me correctly, Kali said it is and Archangel's blade. And they are both archangels, or maybe Gabriel only thought he could kill Lucifer (as we see he failed). It is just a thought though Auditore7 (talk) 21:02, September 7, 2012 (UTC)
- well, there's the answer to your question. Uh, well Lucifer did stagger back, as if he was, in fact, susceptible to it. -- ImperiexSeed, 5:09 PM, September 7th 2012
just ans angel blade?
When is it ever staed that Archangel blades are more powerful than a regular angel blade? Isn't it possible that they are identical to regular angel blades but are just owned by the Archangels? Cause that would exlain why Raphael defended himself from the regular one Dean through at him,
- Hmm.... Stated? Well, it was never verbalized. It's inferred, that because they're a separate blade and distinguishable from the regular Angel-Killing blade, they're of higher power. I don't know why he did that, maybe it would've caused him great pain, so he snatched it out of the air. It seems quite ridiculous to have an Archangel blade if the average Angel-Killing blade can do the same thing. -- ImperiexSeed, 3:33 PM, March 16th 2013
- I agree, it would have most likely still hurt him even if it couldn't kill him. General MGD 109 (talk) 19:57, March 16, 2013 (UTC)
- Well, I mean, the Archangels each fashioned their personal Archangel blade, and if the regular Angel-Killing could kill them, it wouldn't make sense for them to have created the weapon. -- ImperiexSeed, 4:28 PM, March 16th 2013
- Sorry maybe I wasn't clear. My thought was that an Angel blade and an Archangel blade were identical in both appearence and power but were simply named differently because one was owned by Archangels and the others by garrison members.
- Well, (natural) Seraphim of Heaven don't have their own blades from some reason. But, the fact remains: It would be irreversibly redundant if that's true. Different weapon - different purpose - Angel blades kill Angels and Seraphs, and the blade of an Archangels kills an Archangel. -- ImperiexSeed, 1:15 PM, March 21st 2013
I agree that an archangel blade is the same as a regular angel blade. The blade of an archangel hasn't shown to be able to do anything that a regular angel blade can't do. Kali wasn't wrong to say "archangel's blade" because Gabriel is an archangel, and that is his blade, aka, an "archangel's blade". We can't assume that it is any different than a regular angel blade, just because Kali said "archangel's blade". Gabriel is an archangel, and that was his blade. If no one responds to this, I will take it you agree, and delete the archangel blade page, and change other things that say archangel blade. Dean.winchestor.54 (talk) 08:05, July 5, 2014 (UTC)
The page says that Jack became human after Lucifer used an Archangel Blade to remove his Grace but Jack's page says he is still a Nephilim and he only got his grace depleted, not fully removed. I can't change it so would one of the Admins please do so? AnitaSalim (talk) 19:40, March 18, 2018 (UTC)
- Jack's page might be right but he's still powerless.--WarGrowlmon18 (talk) 16:57, May 18, 2018 (UTC)
Killing Higher Demons
Did someone know for sure if these blades are capable to kill demons who are immune to angel blades (Princes of Hell, White-Eyed Demons and etc.)?