I, WarGrowlmon18, accept this nomination for adminship. I have read the policies concerning administrators. I realize that this nomination may fail. If I do get community consensus, I promise not to abuse my powers because I realize that this is a serious offence and if the community finds that I have done so, my powers will be revoked and in extreme cases I could be given a community ban. Signed, --WarGrowlmon18 (talk) 16:25, February 19, 2017 (UTC).
Questions for the nomineeEdit
1. What administrative work do you intend to take part in?
For question number 1, I'd be willing to take part in whatever kind of work I'm needed in. To be honest, I don't really know much about this sort of thing, but that's from inexperience and I am eager and willing to learn. In the past, I've never needed to know what work an Admin does but if I become an Admin, I'm more than happy to remedy that. I communicate often with Zane which can be seen on our talk pages and he and any other Admin is more than welcome to request my help on things. If I don't know how to do the task, they can explain it to me so I can perform it. I'm a fast learner. Everything I've done on these Wikis, of which I am a contributor on many, is self-taught, I haven't had anyone to show me how before and I've learned mainly through trial and error and welcome any help in furthering my skills.
2. What are your best contributions to the Supernatural Wiki, and why?
For question 2, I'd guess it would be the pages I've created and the amount of content I've added to or edited on existing pages. Nearly all of the pages in the Battles section are my own work, some are FTWinchester's I believe but most are mine. I've also created many character pages and added a great deal of content to various existing pages such as character information for some of the main/recurring characters. I believe a good deal of at least season 7 and season 8 on the Castiel page is my work or an edited version of it anyway. A lot of the Metatron page is my work, I'm sure of that, at least for the 10th and 11th seasons.
3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or have other users caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
As for question 3, yes I have been in conflict with other users in editing in the past. In cases such as those sometimes it was a matter of them changing something I did and me finding it needed to be edited a bit more or sometimes there were disagreements about our interpretations of things. I haven't had a serious disagreement about edits for a long time I do believe but what I usually do if it persists is take it to the discussion page of whatever page is in dispute to hash it out with the other person in a discussion and come to some kind of conclusion. This hasn't caused me any real stress and I intend to continue this policy whether or not I make Admin. I'd guess that my most recent conflict of sorts though it simply led to a discussion was with Seraph over the Molecular Combustion page which was something I originally created. He saw it as just another form of Smiting which he brought up on the discussion page so I responded with why I believe that Smiting and Molecular Combustion are different powers and he agreed with my reasoning once I presented the argument.
While this is all I can think off of the top of my head, I welcome questions and requests for clarification. I've been a user on this site for several years and I cannot remember having any sort of serious problems with the Admins. I think this opportunity would expand what I can do to help this Wiki and I would like to be given the chance to try. Thank you all for your consideration.--WarGrowlmon18 (talk) 16:25, February 19, 2017 (UTC)
Additional questions (asked by the community if necessary)Edit
- I just think I could potentially do more good with more power here. After we started this, Zane actually mentioned to me that he and Seraph are currently the only really active Admins here at the moment. I could definitely lend them a hand. I just believe that I can do more good with more abilities available to me. I've never sought this before because I lacked the interest in such a position in the various Wikis in the past. I've recently grown interested in becoming more active in a leadership role here. I started that by asking you for Rollback rights with the intention to ask to be an Admin in the future. Even if I don't become Admin, that won't change my contributions to this Wiki. I'll simply continue on as I am as a regular user. I just think I could do more good this way.--WarGrowlmon18 (talk) 04:22, February 20, 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks buddy. And thanks Caleb for fixing the way I had my answers set up. Wasn't sure where to put them so I did it like that.--WarGrowlmon18 (talk) 17:10, February 19, 2017 (UTC)
Oppose -- ImperiexSeed, 12:30 PM,February 19th 2017
- To be honest, I'd be more surprised if you supported me.--WarGrowlmon18 (talk) 23:08, February 19, 2017 (UTC)
Support- Definitely. I'm surprised you're not an administrator already. Your grammar is good, you're always ready to provide new info after every episode, and...I trust you. Kajune (talk) 02:41, February 20, 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks buddy!!! Honestly, I never tried for it before now. Never was really inspired to do so. Figured it wouldn't hurt to try. I think I've mentioned before that I somehow made Admin on the Gears of War Wiki but don't know why. I'm actually looking into that now, trying to get answers because the About page shows the reasons the Admins got promoted (usually for some big thing) but don't mention me.--WarGrowlmon18 (talk) 02:45, February 20, 2017 (UTC)
Support - I think you have good intentions WarGrowlmon, and you have a quite knowledge about how Wiki runs and editing so I think you can become an Admin. In the past, we had some problems about your edits but we got over them. You do not add false informations, rarely maybe but you are doing pretty good at the moment. You had serious efforts and contributions on this Wiki. I had some concerns about your past behaviours, I just want you to be a little nicer to users. Please avoid the offensive talking and I believe you'd be a great admin. Besides that I think it will be good to have you as an admin. Best wishes. ~~~~SeraphLucifer
Support - WarGrowlmon18 has both seniority and activity under his belt. And yes, I completely back up his statement on his contributions, especially in the "Battles" category. I started that one but never had enough time to continue past Season 2, and I am very much delighted to know he continued the unfinished work and even surpassed my contributions in that area. I also know from personal experience that WarGrowlmon18 consults with other members of the wiki before making a drastic edit that could potentially be problematic to other users. Just one reminder to you, WG18, always be patient about user responses, and try to respond to their talk pages instead of yours so the other users get a notification when you reply (the same way you get a notification if we post in your talk page). This would be even more important in your tenure as admin, should you be successful in this endeavor. Good luck and I would look forward to having another admin into the fold as we older admins struggle to find the same time we used to have in our heydays. -- FTWinchester (talk) February 27, 2017 (UTC)
- Thanks buddy. And I have learned that thing about responding on other users talk pages but thank you for the reminder.--WarGrowlmon18 (talk) 20:29, February 27, 2017 (UTC)