I thought about submitting this request before but life got in the way and I wasn't certain I'd be able to handle this kind of responsibility before.
I, Touchinos, nominate myself for adminship. I have read the policies concerning administrators. I realize that this nomination may fail. If I do get community consensus, I promise not to abuse my powers because I realize that this is a serious offence and if the community finds that I have done so, my powers will be revoked and in extreme cases I could be given a community ban. Signed, Touchinos (talk).
Questions for the nominee
1. What administrative work do you intend to take part in?
I intend to maintain the peace and orderliness of the wiki by looking out for vandalism and I think the fact that I live on the other side of the world is an advantage since I am active when attackers invade the wiki during times where almost half of the admins or people with power aren't around. I also intend to make sure the information on this wiki are up-to-date so it will be more useful for old and new visitors. I am also willing to learn anything that can benefit the wiki.
I am looking into rewatching the entire series from the beginning so that I can start contributing to making sure the lore and the information on individual pages are accurate and updated.
2. What are your best contributions to the Supernatural Wiki, and why?
I've created a lot of the episode pages and added promotional pictures released by The CW, especially during Seasons 12 and 13. I update an episode page while it airs live. I also cleaned up the Seasons and Episode pages by using a clean format that is followed to this day. I admit, there were a few months were I was inactive but in my defense, that was because I have school stuff to put all my focus on and I wasn't really in the best place, mentally and emotionally.
3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or have other users caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
Oh gosh, yeah. I couldn't remember them exactly but I do remember being in an argument with someone who loathes Castiel and Misha Collins and people who hate Dean and Cas. Yes, people have their opinions but there is a thin line between voicing out said opinions and straight up bashing a character and/or actor. I have an open mind and am willing to listen as long as the argument makes sense.
If any future conflicts happen, I'm going to do my best in resolving it myself but when the topic is something that is out of my forte then I will forward it to other admins and ask for their help.
Additional questions (asked by the community if necessary)
- Agree: I agree to the request. Touchinos has always been a good editor and as he points out, he does good work on pages such as the episodes and I can't remember any problems, or at least major ones with him. I think he has something he can bring to the team and as he points out, being on the other side of the world gives him an advantage if a problem creeps up at night when the other Admins are sleeping and can't react for hours to fix it.--WarGrowlmon18 (talk) 04:27, October 28, 2019 (UTC)
- Agree: I agree to the request. While I doubt my opinion holds much weight, since I joined this wiki I have seen the work Touchinos had done regularly to better the wiki. The templates aforementioned are clean and concise and help pages look more uniformed and dynamic. As I myself edit when necessary during an episode, I have seen the same from Touchinos in a rather timely fashion. I see no reasons as to why he should be denied his request. --Chaseharrison420 (talk) 23:45, October 28, 2019 (UTC)
- Disagree: On multiple occasions over the months Touchinos brought unnecessarily toxic politics into discussions. His appointment to admin wont do the wiki any good. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs)
- Comment: Touchinos raised a valid point on "The Rupture" discussion blog and he's entitled to his beliefs, but isn't allowed to inject them, bias or personal opinion into articles or persecute others for disagreeing. He's a mature user who has allowed opposing beliefs into articles despite not sharing them before. You are one unregistered user taking one isolated incident and using it to oppose/slander a trusted and respected users RFA. Touchinos doesn't bring politics or bias into official discussions, which is whats important. The blog in question is literally a place for personal opinion and belief to be outwardly expressed as implied by the words "What did you think of the episode? Discuss below." at the end of the blog. Personal opinion was literally requested because it is directed at our users, among which Touchinos is also included, even citing a review from a blogger would be implying that you agree with them and making it a shared opinion. Zane T 69 (talk) 16:50, October 29, 2019 (UTC)
- Agree: Touchinos has been a good editor for quite a while now. He contributed the wiki in many positive ways and most certainly has the work ethic and knowledge to administrate the wiki. Since I am not as active as I used to be, the wiki can use a good admin such as him and he is a worthy candidate. I support his nomination. (IDK why but I am unable to put the signature) - SeraphLucifer