I nominate myself for the position as an admin/sysop. We'll see if the community of this wiki thinks I'm worthy for this position.
I, Mgdodl, accept this nomination for adminship. I have read the policies concerning administrators. I realize that this nomination may fail. If I do get community consensus, I promise not to abuse my powers because I realize that this is a serious offence and if the community finds that I have done so, my powers will be revoked and in extreme cases I could be given a community ban. Signed, Mgdodl (talk)
Questions for the nomineeEdit
1. What administrative work do you intend to take part in?
I intend to help users in the wiki. I live in Europe and I believe, it would be an advantage, because I’m active during a time, where admins and users with rights aren’t active and I could fight off vandals and spammers. I’m also willing to learn more things to help others, so that a few people don’t have to do much.
2. What are your best contributions to the Supernatural Wiki, and why?
My contributions were categorizing many pictures that were uploaded, referencing and adding quotes in the quotes section of certain characters and help fighting vandal attacks.
3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or have other users caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
I was at the beginning, since I didn’t have experience, but I with the time I gathered experience and I bring conflicts to the talk page and I try to prevent conflicts, if they could get out of hands, I protected pages, if realize what could happen and I said, they should talk it out on the talk page.
Additional questions (asked by the community if necessary)Edit
- Oppose/Wait a little - In my opinion this wiki is properly maintained by User:Zane T 69 and especially User:Dominic1743 it doesn't need more admins right now although it would be helpful. Allow me to think things through and I will give you a definite answer then I understand you are hard working and helped with vandalism but I think you should wait. Jack3869 (talk) 23:25, January 13, 2020 (UTC)
- Comment: Dominic and I actually do need other active admins on-hand to help with vandalism and Mgdodl is my only thought for a new admin. Dominic and I can't be here 24/7 and Mgdodl's timezone will be a benefit to the wiki. Zane T 69 (talk) 17:41, January 14, 2020 (UTC)
- Support - I fully support Mgdodl promotion to admin it would be very helpful to have another person with extra tools on board. Admin // Dominic1743 (talk | contribs | logs) 06:17, January 15, 2020 (UTC)
- Comment: I get Jack3869's point, Touchinos just became an admin and now we already in the process of voting for another admin, it does seem hasty. I do not disagree with Zane T69 on the need for more admins, but whether Mgdodl's is made an admin or not, I do strongly recommend it be discussed on setting a limit for the number of admins the wiki should have before next nomination as there is such a thing as too many cooks in the kitchen. 126.96.36.199 00:26, January 16, 2020 (UTC)
- Comment: Mgdodl is literally the only other user that I would trust with admin rights and will almost certainly be the last one for years. So there won't be too many admins. Zane T 69 (talk) 00:36, January 16, 2020 (UTC)
- Support - Going by objective metrics: Mgdodl matches the minimum requirements for adminship. There is dedicated and consistent activity for more than a year, and, significant contributions. The third criterion usually asked by other administrators would be about behavior or how to handle disputes. However, considering Mgdodl is already elected content and discussions moderator, this can easily be considered a pass. I see no reason why Mgdodl shouldn't be an admin. FTWinchester (talk) 01:25, January 16, 2020 (UTC)
- Support - I don't see why not. They seem like a good addition to the team.--WarGrowlmon18 (talk) 17:40, January 18, 2020 (UTC)
- Support - As Mgdodl is an effective editor, it would be a good addition to the admins.[[User:Twilight Despair 5|]] ([[The God of Creation]]) (talk) 20:33, January 18, 2020 (UTC)
- Support - I trust other admin's word and I do agree the Wiki could use other staff since I am not as active as I used to be. / SeraphLucifer (I am unable to add the sign due to techical problems) —Preceding unsigned comment added by SeraphLucifer (talk • contribs) 
- Support - I trust Zane's judment. Doctor49 (talk) 19:40, January 19, 2020 (UTC)
- Support- I haven't seen any reason as to make me believe Mgdodl would not be a good addition to the admin team. My personal opinion is that having more administrators would allow more representation for varying matters throughout the wiki, whether positive or negative, and hopefully would allow for less conflict and/or vandalism. Chaseharrison420 (talk) 16:22, January 20, 2020 (UTC)
- Support - I support this decision since I think the wiki needs more active admins (coming from someone who is only semi-active for personal reasons), and I think Mgdodl would be a great admin. Dtol (talk) 21:48, January 30, 2020 (UTC)
- Closing - Despite a point being raised that the wiki was properly defended by myself and Dominic, the latter of whom is now inactive for personal reasons, the consensus is largely that Mgdodl should be promoted to an administrative position. With more admins projected to be inactive, Mgdodl's promotion should keep the wiki well defended and maintained during their absence. Zane T 69 (talk) 16:38, February 14, 2020 (UTC)