A rash of strange deaths in the Tahoe National Forest bring Sam, Dean, and Bobby to the Sierra Nevada mountains to to hunt a monster with a taste for human flesh. Soon walking corpses, bodies with missing organs, and attacks by a mysterious flying creature lead the trio to a cunning and deadly foe which can assume human form. When a blizzard strikes the area, and not knowing who they can trust, they must batte not only the monster, but also the elements to survive.
Featured Supernatural Beings
- Dean remembers killing Amy.
- Sam is shown dealing with his hallucinations through the hand scar.
- Dean remembers Castiel releasing the Leviathans.
- The book says Sam got his hand scar when Dean stabbed him, while in the show he got it after falling on broken glass.
- This book is one of the few times in the series where one monster has gone up against another kind of monster when the newly turned-vampire Jimmy attacked the Aswang.