Steel is an alloy of iron and carbon, and sometimes other elements. Because of its high tensile strength and low cost, it is a major component used in buildings, infrastructure, tools, ships, automobiles, machines, appliances, and weapons. Iron is the base metal of steel.
Not much is nown about this variation other than the fact it was used to create the Keys to Oz and the Inner Key of Oz. If broken, Oz's steel can only be repaired in Oz, indicating it is created and forged using Oz's magic.
- Season 2
- Folsom Prison Blues (mentioned only)
- Season 4
- Criss Angel Is A Douchebag (steel spikes)
- Season 5
- Season 6
- Appointment In Samarra (Death's steel tipped cane)
- Season 7
- Meet the New Boss (Death's steel tipped cane)
- Season 9
- Bloodlines (steel door)
- Season 10
- Season 11
- Don't Call Me Shurley (steel doors)
- Season 13
- Exodus (pure steel, mentioned only)
- Season 14
- Lebanon (steel kitchenware)
- Supernatural: Rite of Passage (steel-toed boots and steel tips)
- Steel with his variant, Oz's steel is the second known metal to have a supernatural variant, the first one is gold with its variant, dwarven gold.
- Unlike pure iron, steel causes no harm to ghosts and other creatures that are vulnarable to iron.