Steel is an alloy of iron and carbon, and sometimes other elements. Because of its high tensile strength and low cost, it is a major component used in buildings, infrastructure, tools, ships, automobiles, machines, appliances, and weapons. Iron is the base metal of steel.
Not much is nown about this variation other than the fact it was used to create the Keys to Oz and the Inner Key of Oz. If broken, Oz's steel can only be repaired in Oz, indicating it is created and forged using Oz's magic.
Creatures Affected by Steel
- Wendigos - The Pad of Definitions mentions that wendigos can only succumb to a few metals, one of them is iron, although it dosen't states that it can in fact kill them.
- Edward Trenton's Species - Edward Trenton was killed by Dean using a silver-coated steel knife.
- Season 2
- Folsom Prison Blues (mentioned only)
- Season 4
- Criss Angel Is A Douchebag (steel spikes)
- Season 5
- Season 6
- Appointment In Samarra (Death's steel tipped cane)
- Season 7
- Meet the New Boss (Death's steel tipped cane)
- Season 9
- Bloodlines (steel door)
- Season 10
- Season 11
- Don't Call Me Shurley (steel doors)
- Season 13
- Exodus (pure steel, mentioned only)
- Season 14
- Lebanon (steel kitchenware)
- Pad of Definitions
- Supernatural: Rite of Passage (steel-toed boots and steel tips)
- Steel with his variant, Oz's steel is the second known metal to have a supernatural variant, the first one is gold with its variant, dwarven gold.
- Unlike pure iron, steel causes no harm to ghosts and most other creatures that are vulnarable to iron.