A specter is a type of ghost that possesses someone holding a grudge over a betrayal wither it be small or not or regardless of long ago it was.
A specter awakens when there is a case of grave dessecration. Much like other types of ghosts, sprinkling salt to its corpse and burning it will stop the chain of possession. However, if an object closely related to the specter was left out of the pyre, the haunting will continue.
They is able to possess anyone with intense feelings of suppressed anger, betrayal or any other similar strong emotion. Once it leaves its host, the anger of the host immediately subsides, and the host often exhibits short-term memory loss and could vaguely recall events during their possession.
A specter's true form, much like that of other creatures, can be revealed by a mirror. Its true form appears like the rotting corpse of the specter. While possessing humans, there does not appear to have a visible change other than the presence of an angry demeanor. The key feature however, is the presence of ectoplasm. However, in the case of specters, the ectoplasm is not black like it usually is, but mossy green.
Powers and Abilities
- Ghost possession - The specter can possess anyone in contact with the object the specter is tied to
- Super strength - The specter boons its hosts with increased strength
- Emotion detection - A specter can identify humans with suppressed anger and a severe sense of betrayal and would even prefer possessing such hosts
- Anger fueling - The specter increases the host's volatility and prevents suppression of their rage
- Ectoplasm secretion - Specters secret a green ectoplasm rather than black