The season is set to premiere on October 12, 2017.
- Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester (0/23)
- Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester (0/23)
- Mark Pellegrino as Lucifer (0/23)
- Misha Collins as Castiel (0/23)
- Alexander Calvert as Jack (0/23)
- Samantha Smith as Mary Winchester (0/23)
- Briana Buckmaster as Donna Hanscum (0/23)
- Kim Rhodes as Jody Mills (0/23)
- Katherine Ramdeen as Alex Jones (0/23)
- Kathryn Love Newton as Claire Novak (0/23)
|TBA||Writer: Andrew Dabb||Director: Phil Sgriccia||10/12/2017||#265 1301|
|TBA||Writer: Brad Buckner and Eugenie Ross-Leming||Director: Thomas Wright||10/19/2017||#266 1302|
|TBA||Writer: Robert Berens||Director: Robert Singer||10/26/2017||#267 1303|
- This is the third season to feature a Nephilim with Season 8 and Season 12 being the first two.
- Whereas the previous seasons have 184 shooting days, this season will only have 179. This is due to the animated episode only requiring a few days of live shooting.
- This is the first season to have an early renewal from The CW network.
- Mark Sheppard is no longer a series regular this season, and has stated that there are no plans for him to return to the show.
- Richard Speight Jr. will return to direct two episodes, making this season his second where he directs multiple episodes in one season with Season 12 being the first one.
- Jensen Ackles was supposed to direct an episode this season but due to the opening of his brewery Family Business Beer Co., he had to cancel.
- The writing staff is the same as Season 12: Brad Buckner, Davy Perez, Eugenie Ross-Leming, John Bring, Meredith Glynn, Robert Berens and Steve Yockey.
- This is the second season where Andrew Dabb and Robert Singer are the showrunners with Season 12 being the first one.
- This is the second to feature a backdoor pilot for a planned spin-off with Season 9 being the first one. This season features the backdoor pilot for Wayward Sisters while the latter season featured the pilot for Bloodlines.
- The writers returned to work on May 15.
- It has been reported that Mark Sheppard will not return to the show as a series regular, Mark also tweeted he will still attend conventions except for Creation ones in 2018.
- Briana Buckmaster and Kim Rhodes hinted twice that they're going to be involved in the plot of this season. This was repeated at the JIBCon 2017 by Briana and she also mentioned that it would be "All four of us". However, she might be referring to Wayward Sisters, the upcoming spin-off.
- They have already read some scripts for the season.
- The 16th episode of the season will be an animated "Scooby Doo"-crossover. Jared has revealed at the JIBCon 2017 that it will be the 16th episode of the season and he also said that he, Jensen and Misha already recorded their dialogue for the episode during the filming of Who We Are. It will be written by Jeremy Adams and Jim Krieg.
- Just like in Season 12: Phil Sgriccia, Thomas J. Wright and Robert Singer will direct the first three episodes respectively.
- Samantha Smith will be filming for the first episode on Friday, July 14th.
Behind the Scenes
- ↑ https://twitter.com/RUSS_MOVIEGOD/status/859580167919775744
- ↑ https://www.dgc.ca/assets/Uploads/BritishColumbia/AvailsProductionLists/Documents/Production-List.pdf
- ↑ http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/08/cw-supernatural-arrow-flash-renewed/
- ↑ http://tvline.com/2017/05/24/supernatural-season-13-mark-sheppard-leaving-crowley/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Mark_Sheppard/status/867250353611259904
- ↑ http://www.indiewire.com/2017/05/supernatural-animated-episode-scooby-doo-cw-1201819148/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/kaidanmono/status/865862480446279680
- ↑ https://twitter.com/SamSmithTweets/status/884133356023103488
|Seasons in Supernatural|