Reality Warping is the power to change the properties or appearance of things, beings and even physical or spiritual laws by literally changing reality itself, or even constructing a new aspect of reality. It can be extremely powerful if used properly.
Many powers can be seen as a form of Reality Warping:
- Conversion - Changing the properties of a being and thus transforming it into something different.
- Conjuration - Create something (alive or not) out of nowhere.
- Healing - Heal the injuries of a person (supernatural or not).
- Resurrection - Make a soul leave their afterlife and go back to the world of the living.
- Telekinesis - Changing the location of a target.
- Portal Creation - Creating a portal to another plane of existence or reality.
- Power Granting and Power Negation - Changing the abilities (and thus also properties) of a being.
- Biokinesis - Manipulate the properties of living things (bacteria, cells, organism).
- Thermokinesis - Changing the energy of each particle of a target.
- Electrokinesis - Changing the voltage difference between two points and thus generating electricity.
- Tychokinesis - Manipulating probability, enabling the user to generate effect in their favor. Beings and objects with the ability include but aren't limited to the rabbit's foot and God.
Characters and objects with this ability[edit | edit source]
- The Darkness - She is able to completely annihilate everything she wants, including the universe, the spiritual realms and all life in existence. Prior to the creation of the universe, she destroyed multiple worlds God created. She once turned Metatron into nothing. At the same time, she is also able to create matter out of nothing, rebuilding Mary's body while resurrecting her despite her leaving no corpse, but Lucifer has indicated that despite her claims of being able to create a new reality where no one suffers, her powers of creation are not at the same level of God. In addition, Amara displayed her immense power and control over the physical universe by keeping not only her manifestation but also Dean completely unaffected by the severe winds caused by her true form as well as being able to turn water into blood.
- God - He can not only warp reality to a nearly unlimited extent, able to decide the course of destiny to his will, but also create new realities, having created the universe and before that, multiple worlds that were destroyed by the Darkness. God even proved capable of neutralizing the tremendous powers of both Amara and Jack, dissipating the fog unleashed by his sister and bringing back anyone affected by it and simply snapping his fingers to undo the chaos Jack created. He was also powerful enough to bring upon the Apocalypse single-handedly even after he was shot by the Equalizer, which left his powers diminished, turning day to night and opening every gates in Hell, even including Lucifer's Cage. Without even gesturing, just by thinking, he was able to make himself constantly win the game of a slot machine. He was able to take away the luck, he gave Sam and Dean over the years, rendering normal people.
- Death - Death effortlessly created an eclipse and built a wall in Sam's head to make the memories from Lucifer's Cage inaccessible to him.
- Famine - Famine made people rabid for what they craved most and was able to keep souls trapped in their bodies until they could be harvested for him.
- Pestilence - Pestilence could create diseases out of thin air and infect people with them.
- War - War polluted a river with his arrival in a small town.
- Archangels - As shown with Gabriel, archangels are capable of warping reality to unimaginable degrees. They can create time loops and spontaneously create or uncreate pretty much anything.
- Gabriel - Gabriel was phenomenally talented with this power, being able to do things in winks, snaps, gestures and even thoughts. Once, he even put Sam and Dean in a TV universe.
- Lucifer - Lucifer apparently taught Gabriel everything he knows about this power and therefore outdo everything Gabriel ever did. He was able to turn on music from out of nowhere in Limbo with a snap of his fingers and could prevent his clothes from burning when attacked by a blast of fire from Kali.
- Michael - Michael was able to make his footsteps sound heavier and emit an angelic high pitched ringing while in a vessel to intimidate the Winchesters and Castiel.
- Castiel - Castiel was able to shake a 'Sorry' board game and, instantly, everything was set up. Later on, he was able to send his blood into a glass by holding it.
- Angels - Sam makes a comment in Plucky Pennywhistle's Magical Menagerie that regular angels apparently can warp reality, but to an unknown degree.
- Castiel - Even after being cut off from Heaven, Castiel was able to carve Enochian sigils into Sam and Dean's ribs just by touching them.
- Zachariah - He could transform a falling to pieces office in an abandoned muffler factory in Van Nuys into a Green Room. He also conjured food and drinks, as well offered to create women for Dean.
Deities have ranging power over warping reality.
- Vanir - When given human sacrifices, they can ensure the prosperity and protection of its environment.
- Mercury - He could influence materials and objects around him, being able to reshape and restore a building.
- Moloch - In exchange for a sacrifice of blood, Moloch was able to make the Bishop Family rich.
- Tiamat - With his chaotic power, babylonian priests were able to channel Tiamat's power into a ursed reallity warping coin
- Atropos - she has the power to manipulate fate as she pleases conjure up whatever is necessary manipulating timing and events so it can lead to a person's death.
- Fortuna - has the power to manipulate/create good or bad luck if the person's luck were good he or she will live a good life liking wining games , money , beat cancer ,etc if the person's luck were bad he or she will live a crappy life and at it's end will lead to the person's death
- Tricksters - They are a type of mischievous beings or demi-deities with the ability to warp reality and make real-looking objects and people out of thin air.
- Anansi - She can change her lwn appearance between a giant spider, a humanoid form and any other she wants.
- Huehuecoyotl - He manipulated a small flame and changed it into a flower, the flower then became a fat horned lizard.
- Loki - He possessed a powerful form of reality warping which he used in his original role as The Trickster. Loki was able to transform a crappy motel room into a five-star suite at will for his own uses.
Any demon requires at least a deal to bend the laws of the universe. Azazel is one of the strongest because he doesn't require a soul in payment from a deal, and Lilith claims she can do this but never demonstrated it.
- White-eyed Demons
- Lilith - Known for holding the contracts to all the crossroad demon deals, it has been said by Bela that she can also break the contract if she so wishes, as she tried to bargain with her to remove the deal she made to kill her parents. Lilith also stated she could make her own deals, although uniquely it required sex and not just a kiss.
- Princes of Hell
- Azazel - He could warp reality to a higher extent than most demons, not requiring a soul in payment but still having to obey the rules of making a deal.
- Crossroad Demons
- Crowley - As the King of Crossroads, Crowley is able to warp reality to a higher extent than most demons and is able to undo contracts made by other Crossroad Demons.
- Astaroth - By making deals, she was able to grant the wishes of the members of her coven.
- Jesse Turner - He has been shown to warp reality to a high extent, able to turn Castiel, an angel, into a doll.
- Charlie - When Sam shot him, he caught the bullet in his teeth, despite Sam aiming for his chest.
- Patrick - He made deals that made people older or younger.
- Maggie Stark - She caused a town to run out of luck, making every shop on a block got burst pipes and blackouts.
- Rowena MacLeod - She turned the cards in her hands into good ones in order to win a poker game.
- Jacinda - She was able to turn her sister invisible for a week and transform Emily's tongue into a snake.
- Fred Jones - Through sheer mental will he could reshape reality.
Objects and Sigils[edit | edit source]
- Rabbit's Foot - Makes the wearer extremely lucky (until they inevitably lose it).
- Tiamat Coin - Initially requiring a bearer, this coin could fabricate wishes into reality; in that it makes any iterated/thought wish come true but with an unexpected adverse effect.
- Tulpa - thought form projections could alter reality, the extent of which is limited only by the creativity of the thinker.
- Twigs and Twine Cloning Spell - Turns a twigs doll into a perfect copy of another human being.
Other[edit | edit source]
- Fairies - Some powerful fairies can alter reality.
- Ghosts (some, to a limited extent).
- Mythmaker - a person who is blessed with very strong intent. By such a level of intent, they are even capable of bringing art to life. Eventually, the mythmakers turn myth into reality. Mythmakers, trained or not, were born with very high level Reality Warping powers. A mythmaker is a natural-born talent, and cannot be obtained through means of magic.
- Soul Eaters - Soul Eaters possessed unique and somewhat very large powers to create their own dimension called "The Nest". Naturally, Soul Eaters inhabit a plane between the human world and another, a sort of inter mundi that exists outside of time and space, and by tapping a large amount of their powers (according to Sam), they created it when hunting their prey. The Nest takes on the appearance of the home it is in, albeit much darker and twisted to mess with their victim's emotions and make them vulnerable and tamed.
- Cosmic Entity - When resurrecting Castiel, the entity was able to restore Jimmy Novak's body to act as Castiel's vessel despite Jimmy's body being burned and destroyed in a Hunter's Funeral.
- Marid - In exchange for being fed, they can give out riches, health and anything that a person can dream of.