|“|| Dean: Well, you're supposed to be a psychic, right?|
Missouri: Boy, you see me sawin' some bony tramp in half? You think I'm a magician? I may be able to read thoughts and sense energies in a room, but I can't just pull facts out of thin air.
— Dean and Missouri
Psychics are extremely powerful humans who are born with supernatural abilities. These abilities can include seeing into the past/present/future, moving objects with their mind, summoning/binding ghosts, and reading minds. When first manifesting their abilities, they may experience severe headaches if they have precognitive abilities, such as Sam, or may experience only mild headaches after developing their abilities further, such as Ansem Weems.
Some psychics practice witchcraft to enhance or curtail their abilities but are not always classified as witches. By selling their soul to a demon (Borrowers) or by studying how to harness the forces of nature (Students), they become witches and gain the ability to extend their lifespan and gain more power/abilities. When Borrower Witches die, their deal is up and they are sent to Hell to be turned into a demon themselves, albeit with their psychic abilities further along then other hellbound souls, thus making them a particularly powerful demon when they turn after a few centuries of torture and damnation.
According to James Moseley, psychics develop any powers they will receive by the age of eighteen.
- Clairsentience - The ability to perceive the residual information of an object by touching it.
- Telepathy - The ability to read peoples minds and mentally communicate with others, sometimes over a distance.
- Telekinesis - One of the rarest powers for a natural psychic, but also one of the most powerful; this allows them to move objects with their mind.
- Mediumship - The ability to communicate with the dead.
- Empathy - The ability to sense the emotions that a person is feeling.
- Reality Warping (very rare) - A very powerful psychic, Fred Jones, was able to warp reality into a cartoon-mode.
- Animal Connection - Implied by Sam when he mentioned elementals.
- Biokinesis - Magda Peterson was able to cause wounds in the form of stigmata to appear on the people she was communicating with.
- Mental Projection - Magda Peterson was able to project her thoughts into people's minds. However, this was fatal to them.
- Precognition - Displayed by both Missouri Moseley and Patience Turner. Both were able to see flashes of the future connected to the Wraith that was targeting them. Patience also received flashes of the future she dismissed as deja vu.
- Divination - The ability to gain insights on the future, the present, and the past through divination tools.
- Electrokinesis - Displayed by Fred Jones. He could change TV channels with a gesture.
- Curator at the museum of Curiosities
- Dede (deceased)
- The Elementals (unknown)
- Fred Jones
- Jimmy Tomorrow (deceased)
- Kate Fox (deceased)
- Margaret Fox (deceased)
- Magda Peterson (deceased)
- Missouri Moseley (deceased)
- Oliver Pryce
- Pamela Barnes (deceased)
- Patience Turner
- Season 1
- Season 4
- Season 5
- Season 7
- Season 8
- Season 10
- Season 12
- Season 13
- Season 14
- Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting (Pamela Barnes, non-canon, mentioned only)