Prometheus is a pagan deity of the Greek pantheon. He was a titan, described as a 'proto-god'.
Prometheus was responsible for stealing fire from Olympus and gave it to humans. According to Zeus, Prometheus's act was the reason the Greek gods were no longer worshipped and no longer ruling the world. For such actions, Zeus cursed Prometheus to die everyday. The titan was imprisoned in a mountain in Europe, where after thousands of years, he was discovered by a mountain climber named Hayley after an avalanche freed him.
Over the years, he developed a relationship with Hayley, and even fathered a child. His curse passed as well to his child, forcing him and the Winchesters to summon Zeus to lift the curse. In the confrontation, Zeus proved unyielding, until he managed to convince Hayley to release him from the trap. Zeus then attacked the hunters and Prometheus. Zeus promised to make up for lost time since Prometheus's escape from the mountain and started attacking Prometheus.
The titan was attacked by Zeus with a combination of electrocution and physical beating to the point of death. Meanwhile, Sam used the feelings Artemis was harboring for Prometheus to convince the goddess to put a stop to her father. Artemis threatened to kill her father with an arrow, but Zeus shielded himself from the attack by using the body of the titan. However, Prometheus pushed the bolt through himself into Zeus, killing him. Prometheus died, but the curse on his son was broken.
Prometheus appears as a young adult male with brown curly hair and a beard.
Powers and Abilities
As a deity, Prometheus possesses several abilities that are common for his kind.
- Immortality - Prometheus is over 6,000 years old and retains the appearance and health of a young man. He has an infinite lifespan and is not subject to old age.
- Regeneration - After each resurrection, he is completely healed of all injuries.
- Invulnerability - Prometheus is not subject to disease or any other natural cause of death..
- Superhuman Strength - He was able to overpower Artemis and knock her against a wall with considerable force.
- Resurrection - He has the ability to come back to life after being killed, although this was due to a curse laid to him by Zeus.
- Prometheus's ability to resurrect himself has at least somewhat of an resemblance to Jesus's. This, by the writers, likely isn't intentional or deliberate, but they share this in a similarity.