As part of his job, the commander took a few captured prisoners to a bridge in a forest a few hours away from his camp for execution. Joined by three of his men, the commander sentenced the prisoners to execution for high crimes against the archangel Michael. After one of his men executed two of the prisoners by smiting, the commander stopped him when he recognized the third prisoner as Charlie Bradbury, a high-ranking member of the resistance.
Knowing that Charlie had met with the Nephilim and the other-worlder Mary, he recognized that Michael would want her taken to the camp for interrogation. Charlie defiantly backtalked the angel, stating that when the resistance crushed him, she would enjoy plucking his feathers. The angel merely grabbed her by the throat and stated that he was looking forward to it before he and the other angels teleported away. Unknown to the commander, the proceedings had been observed by Dean Winchester and Arthur Ketch who embarked upon a rescue mission due to Dean recognizing Charlie.
At the Silo, the commander beat Charlie for information on the resistance bases, but only kept getting defiant responses from Charlie. Frustrated, the commander decided to execute Charlie as they were getting nowhere.
Later, the commander prepares the execution of Charlie in front of about a dozen other prisoners. As Charlie was led to the execution pole, the commander announced to the prisoners that the resistance would fail and that their leaders were being routed out and killed. The commander sentenced Charlie to execution for treason. However, moments before Charlie could be decapitated by the executioner, Dean and Arthur attacked, killing many of the gathered angels with angel-killing bullets. The commander ducked into a nearby building, barely missing being hit by a bullet fired at him by Dean. The commander quickly teleported away as the camp was liberated and the angels killed.
As Dean prepared to depart through the rift to the Main Universe, the commander appeared with three more angels. With the angels advancing on them, Arthur and Charlie opened fire with angel-killing bullets.
Its unknown if the commander survived the fight. However, he is most likely deceased as Charlie and Arthur were able to win the fight and join up with the resistance.
Powers and Abilities
He appeared to be a regular low-level angel with all the powers of one.
- Angelic Possession - Like all other angels, he required a vessel to walk the Earth and their permission to do so.
- Immortality - As an angel, he would never age or die unless killed.
- Invulnerability - As an angel, he was invulnerable to most forms of harm.
- Super Strength - With one hand, he was easily able to strangle Charlie Bradbury to the point that she had trouble breathing.
- Teleportation - He was able to teleport to the Silo, taking Charlie Bradbury with him. When the Silo came under attack, he quickly teleported away. He later appeared suddenly at the site of the rift with three more angels.
He possessed all the weaknesses of an angel.
- Angel-killing bullets - Like his comrades, he could be killed by the bullets. When Dean shot at him with them, he fled rather than fight.
- Archangels - He was subservient to the archangel Michael.