Primordial entities refer to a group of nigh-omnipotent entities who already existed before the creation of the universe. The strongest of them made the universe and everything in it such as God, they can control the laws of the universe such as all things will eventually die and end as with Death, and can end the universe and reality itself like the Darkness.
All of them are older than the universe and possess immense power, ranging from at least destroying someone on a subatomic level (Raphael) up to fully removing all of existence (The Darkness) or create whole universes (God).
- Gabriel - Created a TV universe to imprison the Winchesters. Made Sam relive a day over again countless times by reversing time and ensuring Dean died each day.
- Lucifer - Creator of the demon species. Capable of bringing about the Apocalypse.
- Michael - The de facto Ruler of Heaven after God left.
- Raphael - On one occasion, he destroyed Castiel on a subatomic level.
- Death - A nigh-omnipotent being and the personification of Death, he is able to kill any being except the Darkness and whoever bears the Mark of Cain. He once realigned the orbit of the moon and is also capable of jail breaking Lucifer's Cage and removing the Mark of Cain. Claimed he would be the one to reap God before he was killed with his own scythe.
- God - The creator of almost everything that exists in Supernatural and the Darkness' younger brother. Can transfer the Mark of Cain, and do, or create, virtually anything. Death and the Darkness are the only beings to pose any threat, or harm, to God.
- The Darkness - The first entity that existed and the older sister of God. She is able to annihilate all of existence. Capable of doing virtually anything in the universe her brother made. No supernatural entity can survive her or overpower her without massive assistance such as all the archangels and God.
- Gabriel was the first primordial being the Winchester brothers encountered.