The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Power Granting is the ability to grant another being a supernatural power.
Characters with this AbilityEdit
- Angels (including Archangels, Seraphim etc.)
- Castiel - Castiel is able to protect someone from harm beforehand, as seen when he prevented his vessel, Jimmy Novak from burning his hand in a pot of boiling water when asked for a sign of faith.
- Metatron - Granted enhanced lifespans to the Native Americans who gave him stories.
- Raphael - Granted Crowley temporary immunity to Castiel's smiting.
- Lucifer - Granted the Princes of Hell their powers when he created them.
- Alternate Michael - While Dean acted his vessel, Michael was able to grant Dean access to several of his abilities even with Dean in control, giving Dean the power he needed to challenge the super-charged Lucifer and win.
- Azazel - Granted the Special Children psychic abilities by feeding them his blood when they were infants.
- Astaroth - Astaroth lent her powers to the Book Club witches in exchange for their souls. By selling their souls, the witches gained the ability to cast a number of spells, one of which was even used against Astaroth herself. It is known that an indeterminate number of demons have lent their powers to witches in exchange for the latter's souls (see "borrower witches" in the Witch entry), but Astaroth is the only such demon actually shown in the series so far.
- Crossroad Demons (through deals)
- Primordial Entities
Power granted ceases to exist upon the death of the giver. In addition, the giver could choose to remove the gift by choice.
Objects with this AbilityEdit
- Angelic Grace - Constant injections of Gabriel's grace granted Asmodeus more advanced powers than any other demon. After stealing Jack's Grace, Lucifer becomes super-charged and stronger than ever before. Apocalypse World Michael injected several different species of monsters with his grace in order to enhance their powers and remove their weaknesses in order to build an army to take over the world.
- Tiamat Coin - Capable of granting wishes, granted Todd super strength, and invisibility to an unnamed teenager.
- Mark of Cain - Granted Dean Winchester immunity to Abaddon's Telekinesis, and also granted him Super Strength, Telekinesis (though limited), and later Precognition. It also granted him Immortality to the point that not even Death could kill him.
- Borrower Witch's ring - The unnamed Borrower Witch gained this ring from a demon in exchange for her soul; it allowed her to cast a number of unique spells. She ceded the ring to Max Banes, who, despite being a natural witch, needed it so he could give life to a twig doll substituting his dead sister.
- Souls - Crowley gave Castiel 50,000 souls from Hell, which enhanced Castiel powers and allowed him to launch the first strike against Raphael, and after absorbing the millions of souls from Purgatory (including a large number of Leviathans), Castiel was endowed with god-like abilities, strong enough to kill Raphael with a snap of his fingers.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.