Photokinesis is the devastating ability to emit burning light from one's body, mostly through the palm. This ability is rare and is limited to extremely powerful beings, such as angels and some high-tier demons. Sam Winchester is immune to the demonic version, and it is presumed the other Special Children share his immunity, however the angels' version could easily destroy them. Exactly how different the angelic version from the demonic version is unknown. Angels can also use this light in a smaller amount to heal wounds and for Astral projection. The ability can also serve a similar purpose to smiting, as the light is able to cause death to those who look at it, causing them to burn from the inside out.
Its strength can also be controlled, from harming a single being to destroying entire cities.
Characters with this ability
- Castiel - While he was possessing another angel's grace, he used this ability twice; once to blast a door open and again against Cain, although the latter was unharmed.
- Joshua - He had the ability to resurrect humans with a blast of white light.
- Naomi - Threatened to destroy Crowley with it, but he fled before she could. 
- Metatron - Was able to hurt Crowley with this.
- Gadreel - Used this ability against 3 demons in order to protect Sam.
The angels of Heaven were also able to combine their powers into one single focused smite to attempt to take down Amara. The skies began to swirl with thunder and lightning and rained down a beam of wrath and destruction upon the Darkness. This kind of light beam has such power that it can cause some kind of supernatural fallout which negatively effects humans that approach, it gradually gets worse as they get closer to ground zero, as Dean had vision blurred and got nauseous when approaching the area. It is called Smiting Sickness. The angels already used this kind of photokinesis -smite at least once before: in Sodom and Gomorrah. Castiel explains that if a human approaches the area that was smote, they will turn into salt, much like Lot's wife.