Perception Altering is the ability to control, alter or induce effects up other being's perceptions. This is quite a powerful ability, if used properly.
There are is great variation in the extent of this power, depending on its wielder, at its weakest, it can only create unstable hallucinations, that are easily snapped out of, however at its strongest, it allows the user to have complete control over what the subject (or often subjects) perceive. An extreme amount of profuse torture can alter one's view of reality, such as Michael and Lucifer's treatment to Sam's soul.
Bearers of the Power
- Archangels - Lucifer and Michael tortured Sam's soul, tainting it with harsh recollection of the situation. Raphael says his torture exceeds Zachariah's, stretching the boundaries of the imagination.
- Reapers - Able to create illusions to help ease the person into going with them.
- War - Posesses complete control over human perception, he can affect how humans see, smell, and hear him and others. He made the survivors of a town; see, everyone else as being possessed by demons when they weren't. He can do this over a very wide area. He possesses the greatest form of this shown.
- Wraiths - Can via physical contact alter the perceptions of any person they touch. Normally making them hallucinate or unbalancing them emotionally. Once the wraith is killed the effects go away.
- Ghosts (Some, Limited) - While not directly of their own manipulate, some ghosts can create supernatural illnesses, for example the Burabura can create a form of ghost sickness that make the subject, hysterical, hullicinate, easily frightened and lead to their eventual death.
- Castiel (not full use of 'Perception Altering') - Castiel altered Sam's mind by shifting all the images Sam saw and put the memories/visions into his own head.
- Djinn - Very powerful beings, Djinn can create a whole fantasy world, which use to either trap there victim so they can suck them dry, or to kill them, as if the person dies in the dream they die in real life (unless it is by there own hand, in which case they wake up). The Djinn's fantasy world is so detailed and realistic, that it even includes a fantasy version of the Djinn who infected them, and a fantasy version of there other victims.