Background[edit | edit source]
Pat was the sheriff of Grantsburg, Wisconsin and a member of Reverend Jim Myers' congregation. He was also secretly a member of the Maw of Fenris, a cult of werewolves dedicated to bringing about Ragnarok.
After learning about Reverend Myers and his pack, Sam approaches Pat as the local sheriff to get a read on them, unaware that Pat is in fact a werewolf himself. Pat tells Sam that Reverend Meyers and his people are pretty "hippie-dippie" but are pillars of their community and questions why the FBI is interested in them. Sam tells him he's more interested in weird and X-Files sort of stuff and asks if anything like that has happened in the area. Pat denies it and Sam leaves him his card in case Pat thinks of anything.
After Dean refuses to accept everything is fine, Pat decides to lay a trap for the hunters, calling Sam and claiming he found something weird before slaughtering a deer. While the Winchesters examine the dead deer, Pat transforms into his wolf state and draws his gun as Dean realizes that the deer's blood is still warm, meaning it was killed after Pat called them. The Winchesters turn on Pat who tells them that they have no idea what they've walked into but they won't be walking out. As Pat prepares to shoot Sam, Dean draws a silver knife from behind his back and throws it into Pat's heart, killing him. Dean finds Pat's silver bullet marking him as a member of Reverend Myers' congregation and notes that its marked with Ragnarok. As Sam deals with Pat's body, Dean decides to check out Reverend Myers' church for more clues. At the church, while confronting Reverend Myers', Dean tells him about Pat's attempt to murder them to Reverend Myers' surprise.
Powers and Abilities[edit | edit source]
Pat had all the powers of a werewolf:
- Shapeshifting - As a werewolf, Pat had the ability to shift between human and wolf form. As a pureblood, he could do this at any time.
- Infectious bite - Pat possessed the ability to turn others into werewolves through his bite.
- Claws and Fangs - Werewolves have powerful claws and are able to cut through solid walls. Their fangs can tear human flesh and can rip out a human heart right out of their chest cavity. Pureblood werewolves are able to transform just their claws without transforming fully.
- Superhuman Strength - As a werewolf, Pat had strength greater than that of a normal human.
- Enhanced Agility - Werewolves agility is greater than humans, often allowing them to perform incredible jumps and sprints easily.
- Super speed - Werewolves are capable of moving inhumanly fast.
- Super stamina - Werewolves do not tire easily.
- Super Senses - All werewolves are able to see better than humans in darkness, similar to actual wolves, their sense of smell and hearing is equally enhanced.
- Invulnerability - Werewolves can't be killed by conventional means and weapons. Silver however, can kill them.
- Regeneration - Werewolves can regenerate all non-lethal damage, purebloods are even able to completely heal their original bites.
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Silver - As a werewolf, Pat was vulnerable to silver. Dean killed him with a silver knife to the heart.