Nightmare Logic is the 5th episode of Season 14. It aired on November 8, 2018.
|There was something about being there... It felt pure.|
This episode summary is an official CW press release. It may contain errors.
DO NOT CHANGE!
After a hunt gone wrong leaves Maggie's (guest star Katherine Evans) whereabouts unknown, Sam, Dean, Mary (guest star Samantha Smith) and Bobby (guest star Jim Beaver) race to find her, but what they find are their own worst nightmares.
Special Guest StarEdit
Featured Supernatural BeingsEdit
- Angels (mentioned only)
- Archangels (Alternate Michael, mentioned only)
- Demons (Karen Singer demon, referenced only)
- Djinn (Neil; Unnamed Djinn, mentioned only)
- Dreamwalkers (Alternate Kaia Nieves, mentioned only)
- Ghouls (mentioned only)
- Nephilim (Jack Kline, mentioned only)
- Psychic (Fred Jones, mentioned only)
- Seraphim (Castiel, mentioned only)
- Shapeshifters (mentioned only)
- Vampires (Apocalypse World vampires, manifestations only)
- Werewolf (Garth Fitzgerald IV, mentioned only)
- Alternate Bobby Singer and Mary Winchester previously appeared in Gods and Monsters.
- Maggie previously appeared in Stranger in a Strange Land.
- Vampires previously appeared in The Scar.
- Fred Jones from Hunteri Heroici is mentioned.
- Michael's enhanced monsters were last seen in The Scar.
- Sam mentions Alternate Kaia's spear, which he learned can harm Michael in The Scar.
- Dean mentions fighting his favorite movie character which took place in Mint Condition.
- Dean recalls the rig that he was attached to in What Is And What Should Never Be.
- The episode was watched by 1.43 million viewers and had a 0.3 rating.
- This is Darren Grant's directorial debut on Supernatural.
- The alternate Bobby Singer is revealed to have had a son named Daniel, contrary to the Main Universe Bobby Singer who refused to have children with his wife before her death. This Bobby also lost his wife under unnatural circumstances.
- Mary Winchester is revealed to have feelings for the alternate Bobby.
- Sam and Dean make a reference to The Walking Dead on which Jeffrey Dean Morgan currently stars as Negan.
- Somehow, Dean's fears and nightmares were enough to shock the djinn Neil when he read them.
- Neil is Dean's first kill since his return from being Michael's vessel.
- Dean shooting Neil several times after he was already dead is similar to how Dean did the same thing to the shapeshifter Olivia in Season 10's Ask Jeeves. In both cases, the monster is the first thing Dean has killed after returning from not being himself, but with Olivia, Dean may have been under the influence of the Mark of Cain. With Neil, Dean was just genuinely making sure he was dead.
- This is the first time Garth has been mentioned since Season 12's Who We Are.