Commandant Nauhaus was a Thule leader.
During World War II, Nauhaus served as a Commandant in the Nazi party and one of Adolf Hitler's inner circle. When Germany fell and Hitler prepared to commit suicide, Nauhaus, a member of the Thules, came up with a plan to preserve Hitler's soul in a pocket watch and then resurrect him at some point in the future. Hitler consented to the plan which went forward, but the watch was lost to the Russians and the Thule spent decades tracking it down. During this time, Nauhaus became the leader of the Thule High Command and had a son named Christoph in 1994.
In The One You've Been Waiting For, Nauhaus tracks down the watch to an antique store in Columbus, Ohio and immolates the proprietor and the customer attempting to buy the watch. Nauhaus and Christoph then begin tracking Ellie Grant, a descendant of Hitler as they need her for the resurrection ritual, but she manages to escape and though Christoph catches her, he is captured himself by the Winchesters.
After Ellie flees two Thule members, Nauhaus personally captures her and is enraged to learn that Christoph told the Winchesters of his plan. Nauhaus takes Ellie to an airplane hanger where he orders Fritz to kill Christoph when Christoph disagrees with his plans, but Christoph kills Fritz and escapes to get the help of the Winchesters. Nauhaus has Ellie's blood transfused into him so that he can become Hitler's vessel and with Nauhaus as Hitler's vessel, Hitler is successfully resurrected. Hitler and Nauhaus with him are later killed by a shot to the head from Dean Winchester and Nauhaus' body is then burned, preventing both him and Hitler from ever being resurrected again.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Resurrection - Using the Thules necromancy, Nauhaus could raise the dead. He revived Hitler in a new vessel, Nauhaus' own body.
- Immortality - As a Thule, Nauhaus was immortal and could only be truly killed by his body being burned to ash. Due to this, Nauhaus didn't age over the course of seventy-one years.
- Self-Resurrection - As a Thule, if he were killed and his body not burned within 12 hours, Nauhaus would automatically reawaken with all his wounds healed due to the Thule's experiments in immortality.
- Spell Casting - Nauhaus was able to perform spontaneous combustion and a tracking spell using Ellie Grant's blood.
- Massive Brain Damage - Nauhaus could be killed temporarily by a shot to the head.
- Fire - The only true way to kill Nauhaus is to burn his body.
- According to Hitler, Nauhaus was still present in his body when Hitler took over and Hitler had access to his knowledge. Hitler also stated that Nauhaus feared the Winchesters.
- Nauhaus showed little to no care for his son Christoph. Nauhaus even went as far as to remorselessly order Christoph's murder for having a different opinion to his. When confronting what he believed to be Nauhaus, Dean later sarcastically referred to him as "Father of the Year" after hearing of Christoph's attempted murder from Christoph himself.