Michael and Brian Wilcox were both in love with Kate, but only Michael became her boyfriend. Before getting bitten he was care free and didn't really have any concerns, not even planning far for the future. After being bitten, he revealed to friends his newfound strength and speed, until the werewolf's craving for human hearts kicked in, driving him to kill his school enemy, Scott Parker. He became more reserved and socially withdrawn, fearing for his own sanity and humanity, refusing to let Brian "join in" on getting new powers. Brian became jealous of Mike's powers, and eventually tracked down the original werewolf who had turned Mike. Ludensky, a college professor, initially refused to turn Brian, but did so after Brian threatened to expose him.
When confronted by Brian, Mike tried to explain that being a werewolf was a curse, but Brian didn't listen. Their argument turned into a fight, with both Michael and Brian transforming and attacking each other. Brian stabbed Michael with a silver letter opener, killing him. His body is later covered in a sheet by Kate, and eventually discovered by Sam and Dean Winchester.
While human, Michael was a strong but caring young man who looked out for his much weaker best friend Brian Wilcox. He also deeply loved Kate but didn't seem to have any real goals or care for his future as shown by Michael's tendency to sleep in class and his only plans for the future to be with Kate. Michael also seemed to take care of Brian out of at least partially some form of pity as shown when he told Kate he was helping Brian test out his new cameras and pointed out that Brian didn't have anyone else to do it with besides Michael.
After being transformed into a werewolf, Michael was at first excited by his new abilities and their potential until he lost control and killed someone. Following his loss of control, Michael grew disturbed by what he was turning into and by Brian's desire to have that power when Michael found it so frightening. After finding out what he was and that the Winchesters were after him, Michael was frightened enough to flee with Kate and horrified by what Brian did to protect him. After finding out that Brian willingly became a werewolf, Michael told him and Kate that he remembered killing his victim and it had left him feeling more powerful and out of control since then. At the end of his life, Michael maintained his love for Kate, fighting Brian to protect her and admitting his love for her with his last words.
Powers and Abilities
Michael had all of the normal powers of a werewolf after his transformation:
- Shapeshifting - As a werewolf, Michael had the ability to shift between human and beast form. However, he didn't appear to have control over this ability, shifting in moments of anger instead.
- Infectious bite - While in beast form, a werewolf can turn another person into a werewolf through a bite.
- Claws and Fangs - Werewolves have powerful claws and are able to cut through solid walls. Their fangs can tear human flesh and can rip out a human heart right out of their chest cavity. Pureblood werewolves are able to transform just their claws without transforming fully.
- Superhuman Strength - As a werewolf, Michael was superhumanly strong. Even without transforming, Michael could accidentally rip a door off of its hinges and lift Kate above his head with just one hand. In werewolf form, Michael seemed to be slightly stronger than the transformed Brian Wilcox, possibly due to Michael being physically strong even as a human while Brian had always been much weaker.
- Enhanced Agility - As a werewolf, his agility is greater than regular humans.
- Super speed - A werewolf can move very fast; they are able to move from place to place in seconds.
- Super stamina - Werewolves do not tire easily.
- Super Senses - All werewolves are able to see better than humans in darkness, similar to actual wolves, their sense of smell and hearing is equally enhanced.
- Invulnerability - Werewolves can't be killed by conventional means and weapons. Silver however, can kill them.
- Regeneration - Werewolves can regenerate all non-lethal damage, purebloods are even able to completely heal their original bites.
- Silver - As a werewolf, Michael was vulnerable to silver. Brian Wilcox was able to kill him with a silver knife to the heart.
- Had Michael not been bitten, he wanted to go on a cruise with his girlfriend.
- Of the three students turned into a werewolf, Michael was the only one to take a human life. He was also the only one of the three not to kill another werewolf.
- Unlike Brian and Kate, Michael displayed no control over his abilities as a werewolf. While Brian demonstrated the ability to control his transformation shortly after being turned as did Kate, Michael, who had been turned the longest, only seemed to transform in moments of anger.
- Michael shares the same full name as the main protagonist of the well known TV show, Stranger Things. However this was only a coincidence as the episode Michael was in, Bitten was made 4 years before Stranger Things' first episode aired.