The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
Mental Manipulation is the ability to influence the thoughts, memories or emotions of a being. Memory Manipulation is a kind of mental manipulation as well, but limited to manipulation of memories.
Characters with this ability Edit
- The Darkness - The Darkness is able to corrupt almost any being, either directly or indirectly through the Mark of Cain. She corrupted humans into Rabids.
- God - As a nigh-omnipotent being he can influence the mind of almost any being.
- Death - Was able to suppress Sam's memories of his time in Lucifer's Cage by some kind of mental wall.
- Angels - Angels are able to influence the mind of humans. Metatron imparted his knowledge of human-made fiction into Castiel's mind. Castiel manipulated the memories of Dean's girlfriend and her son, however he was unable to erase Sam's memories of Lucifer's Cage. The Grigori Tamiel set humans in a dream-like state while feeding on their souls. Castiel was able to strip the ritual to open a rift from Donatello Redfield's mind, but in doing so, left Donatello brain dead. As a method of torture, Castiel was able to use this to inflict great pain on a rogue resistance member while his counterpart could use it to inflict great pain and strip all the information out of someone's brain.
- War - Could create illusions in the mind of humans.
- Famine - Could increase the hunger in humans and angels.
- Crowley - He was able to implant the written form of every word in the English language into his son's mind.
- Djinn - Djinn can trap people in their own minds.
- Veritas - As the goddess of truth, her signature ability is to force humans to speak the truth whether they want to or not. Whatever town she is in, if someone asks aloud for the truth, they will invoke her curse. Nobody can be lied to when under her curse. She can also force people in her presence to tell the truth just by commanding it even if they had not asked for the truth. Soulless people are unaffected by this and can even lie to her as they seem to have a special resistance against the curse.
- Kate Fox - By touching people's heads, the ghost of Kate Fox could implant her visions of their deaths into the person's mind as a way of warning them about what was to come.
Objects and curses with this effect Edit
- Mark of Cain - Influenced Dean to a point where he nearly killed Castiel and his brother. It was even able to corrupt the archangel Lucifer. It turned Cain into a killer and made Lucifer more of what he already was.
- Book of the Damned - If read, the book's magic will have a negative effect on a person's mind. The effect will be even worse if the reader is the bearer of the Mark of Cain
Spells and diseases with this effect Edit
- Ghost sickness - Transformed Dean into a coward.
- Soul removal - Could greatly influence the behavior of a human, but it depends on the individual person.
- Demon Blood - Similar effect to a drug, changed Sam's character.
- Attack Dog Spell - Causes mindless and aggressive behavior in humans and even higher angels.
- Sam's hallucinations - Caused by Lucifer due to Sam's cage-memories, nearly caused him a heart attack.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.