|“||This was fun.||”|
— Maul enjoying beating up the Winchesters.
in The Heroes' Journey
Maul was a massive vampire and a champion of the Monday Monster Mayhem fight club.
Maul was a massive vampire and a champion of the Monday Monster Mayhem fight club. After capturing the Winchesters, Cutty announced his intention to have them fight Maul two-on-one to the death, unbothered by Dean pointing out all of the more powerful enemies the Winchesters had killed. Dean mocked Maul's name, asking what it really was only to have Maul respond "murder." Cutty then sent Maul to escort the Winchesters to their cells. Along with the other members of the fight club, Maul watches the fight between Killer Wraith and Jamaica Djinn which takes place before his scheduled fight with Sam and Dean who were unsure of how they would beat Maul since God had downgraded them to normal people.
Before the fight could occur, Sam and Dean were rescued by Garth who blew up the fight club with C4 as a confused Maul waited in the cage for his opponents. However, despite getting caught in the blast, Maul survived unlike the other monsters, though he was partially burned. Though Garth took on his werewolf form to take on Maul, the vampire sent him flying with a single blow, knocking Garth out. The Winchesters, who now lacked the advantages God had given them for most of their lives, tried to take on Maul to no avail, failing to cause him harm when they did land a blow and simply amusing him in the process. Maul beat the hunters up and began strangling Dean from behind who was unable to break his grip. After Dean tapped on his arm, a confused Maul released him then prepared to attack again. Before he could, Garth swung a machete down through the top of Maul's head from behind, killing him and commented that Maul had been Garth'd.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Maul possessed all of the abilities of a vampire though he appeared to be particularly powerful.
- Super Strength - As a vampire, Maul possessed greater strength than a normal human. Maul was effortlessly able to toss aside and knock out the werewolf Garth with just a single blow.
- Fangs - Vampires possess a set of retractable fangs. Their teeth are superhumanly strong and can rip open a human's neck and leave huge bite marks on the corpse of the victim it has fed on.
- Super Speed - As a vampire, Maul's speed was greater than a regular human.
- Super Agility - Vampires possess amazing agility. They can climb up walls and jump off buildings without hurting themselves.
- Super Senses - Vampires have extremely keen senses that are superior to those of humans. They can see in the dark, hear a human's heart beat, and possess an enhanced sense of smell. A vampire can track a human's blood over long distances.
- Immortality - Vampires can potentially live forever. They can't grow old and don't acquire conventional diseases that affect humans.
- Invulnerability - Vampires can not be killed by conventional methods, such as stab wounds or gunshots. Maul appeared to be particularly robust, surviving an explosion that killed many other monsters, including several other vampires.
- Regeneration - As long as they have enough human blood, vampires can heal any wound short of amputation.
- Super Stamina - Vampires possess enhanced stamina.
Maul possessed the normal weaknesses of a vampire.
- Extreme Brain Damage - As a vampire, Maul could be killed through decapitation. However, Garth was able to kill him by swinging a machete down through the top of Maul's head.