Mark Ross Pellegrino (b. April 9, 1965) is an American actor.
He was promoted to series regular in Season 12.
Pellegrino has appeared in episodes of The Beast, NYPD Blue, Without a Trace, Dexter, Grimm, Prison Break, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, The Mentalist, Burn Notice, The Number 23 and 13 Reasons Why.
He is best known for his role in the American version of the UK supernatural drama Being Human as Bishop, the leader of the Boston vampire group. Another major role is his portrayal of Jacob on Lost.
One of his most recent television roles was Dr. Jedikiah Price, on The Tomorrow People, which was ultimately canceled. He later appeared on Quantico as Clayton Haas.
He has also starred in other roles alongside fellow Supernatural cast members, such as Moving Alan with Misha Collins and The Closer with Curtis Armstrong. He has also done minor roles with Mark Sheppard, Kurt Fuller and Rachel Miner.
In 2017 to 2018 he starred in the Netflix original series, 13 Reasons Why as Deputy Standall.
Mark is married to Tracy Aziz and stepfather of her daughter Tess. Mark is an atheist.
- According to Supernatural creator Eric Kripke, Mark did not require auditioning for the role of Lucifer.
- Previously, Mark had auditioned for the role of Castiel, which was given to Misha Collins.
- Previously, Mark did not watch Supernatural or any of his other television roles, instead he let his wife Tracy review them. Recently, Mark began watching them and occasionally tweeted his reactions.
- At Vancon 2012, Richard Speight Jr. got Mark drunk, which led to seductive dancing in front of the fans. Richard quickly regretted this decision.
- Although known for his many roles as antagonists, Mark is a staunch believer that his characters are not "bad guys". This is especially the case with Lucifer.
- Mark admitted he enjoys messing with Jared Padalecki while filming. This mostly stemmed from a time when Jared farted during Season 5 and Mark was forced to do the scene anyway inside "Jared's fart bubble".
- Mark is known for disliking Rick Springfield and refuses to acknowledge that Rick had briefly obtained the role of Lucifer.
- Mark's appearances in Stuck in the Middle (With You) and Stranger in a Strange Land were uncredited, presumably to surprise the audience with his return as Lucifer and Nick respectively. At the beginning of the very next episode in both cases, he was credited as a main character for both roles for the first time. However, his return in Stranger in a Strange Land was spoiled partway through the episode when a CW commercial for the movie Halloween utilized Sam asking Nick about Michael though it was unclear in the commercial which character Mark was playing.
- Season 5
- Season 7
- Season 11
- Season 12
- Season 13
- Season 14