Mannequin 3: The Reckoning is the 14th episode of Season 6. It aired on February 18th, 2011.
|There was something about being there... It felt pure.|
This episode summary is an official CW press release. It may contain errors.
DO NOT CHANGE!
Ben (guest star Nicolas Elia) calls Dean and tells him Lisa (guest star Cindy Sampson) is in trouble. Dean leaves Sam to investigate a case alone and rushes home to rescue Lisa, however, he's not prepared for what meets him at the door. Meanwhile, Sam discovers the men that were murdered were all a part of a cruel practical joke played on a female co-worker who went missing.
Following the memories that had resurfaced, Sam had collapsed. Dean frantically tries to rouse him while Sam suffers through flashbacks of Hell. He recovers after a few minutes that feel like a week in his mind, and Dean is adamant that Sam take seriously the harm that remembering anything from the last 18 months could do to him. Sam reluctantly agrees. By way of a distraction, Dean has found a case—a janitor named Steve has been found dead in a locked lab at the Great Falls Junior College in Paterson, New Jersey.
The Winchesters investigate the scene but have no leads when a similar incident occurs. A nightwatchman, Dave, dies at the Salzman & Sons Apparel factory in nearby Passaic. Walking around the factory floor, Sam notices the EMF meter detects readings near a mannequin, as it also did near an anatomy dummy at the lab. Sam suggests that a ghost may have possessed the figures, but the boys are confused because ghosts are usually tied to a particular area. Further research reveals that an employee named Rose Brown went missing a year ago.
Dean receives a call from Ben, asking for his help because Lisa is depressed and locked in her room. Sam convinces Dean to go, while he heads off to interview Isabel Brown, the missing woman's sister.
At the Braeden house, when Lisa opens the door dressed for a date, Dean realizes Ben has tricked him. He and Lisa talk, struggling to deal with the fact that despite their feelings for each other, it seems impossible for their relationship to work. Finally, she asks him what he wants, and Dean has no reply. When he talks to Ben, Dean explains that he thinks he is a bad influence and that being in their lives will inevitably lead Ben to a life of hunting. Ben is upset, and charges Dean with abandoning his family. Again, Dean has no reply. As he drives away from their house and back to Sam, Dean remembers the times he's had with Lisa and Ben.
In Passaic, Sam speaks to Isabel Brown. She describes her sister, Rose, as quiet and shy - the sort of girl who was an easy target for teasing and pranks. Leafing through a photo album, Sam realises that the janitor from Paterson also used to work at Salzman & Sons. Back at the factory, Sam interviews workers, and one in particular—Johnny—seems very nervous. That night, Johnny is attacked, but Sam is there to intervene. He confesses to Sam that he and some workmates bullied Rose by leading her to believe she had a secret admirer. When she arrived at an apartment for a supposed date, they revealed the prank, and, as she went to leave, Steve grabbed her and she fell, hitting her head on a coffee table and dying.
Sam finds out where they buried the body and heads off to salt and burn Rose's corpse. He calls Johnny, telling him the haunting is over, but he is mistaken. That night Johnny returns to his apartment and explains to his Real Doll that he is going to leave town, but she becomes animated by Rose's ghost and kills him.
At a loss, Sam speaks to Isabel, and she reveals that she had one of Rose's kidneys transplanted into her when she was 16. As a result, Rose's spirit can move around, able to go wherever Isabel does. Sam drives Isabel to meet with Dean, and the brothers try to figure out a way to put Rose's spirit to rest. Sam suggests Hoodoo as a temporary solution, but, as they discuss the option, the Impala revs up. Rose has possessed the Impala, and she tries to run Dean over. He manages to maneuver it into a wall, but Isabel is fatally injured in the resulting crash. As she dies, the spirit of Rose appears and apologizes before disappearing in flames.
Back at Bobby's place, Dean works on the Impala. When Sam brings him a beer, Dean notes that the case was hardly a victory. Sensing how dispirited Dean is, Sam points out they still save lives now and again. And their luck isn't all bad: they stopped Lucifer, and Dean got Sam's soul back. "Thanks," says Sam. "For what it's worth, I've got your back." And Dean smiles.
- Christina Sicoli as Rose Brown
- Rosalie Ward as Isabel Brown
- Jake Richardson as Johnny
- Nicholas Carella as Steve
Featured Supernatural Beings
- The title of the episode refers to:
- "Mannequin" (1987), a film about a mannequin that comes to life to fall in love, which has a sequel, thus this episode being titled "3".
- The murder-mystery film "The Reckoning" (2003).
- While looking at one of the all-white mannequins, Dean says "I don't like the way Kim Cattrall is looking at me", this is a reference to the star of the 1987 film "Mannequin".
- The scenes where the Impala becomes possessed and chases Sam and Dean are reminiscent of scenes from the John Carpenter film Christine, which is a film about an evil 1958 Plymouth. For example, when Dean is running away from the car, it spins its tires and chases him, much like Christine did to Moochie in the film. Also, the possessed Impala accidentally causes the death of Rose Brown's sister much like Christine accidentally killed Arnie Cunningham.
- Dean mentions that they might meet Snooki in New Jersey. She would later appear as a Crossroad Demon in Blade Runners.
- Dean and Sam had previously been chased by a possessed Impala in Pilot.
- The synopsis of the episode bears an uncanny resemblance to the 2005 film Tamara.
- The CW's official summary for this episode misspells actor Nicholas Elia as Nicolas Elia.
- There are some Doctor Who references here. The first episode of the New Who Area starts with Rose meeting some Mannequins getting to live and killing people. Here the Ghosts name is Rose and she makes the Mannequins become alive. The Guy Lisa is dating is a Doctor and his name is Matt. The time this episode was filmed the Doctor in Doctor Who was played by Matt Smith.
- "Love Hurts" by Nazareth
- Dean: Maybe we'll have a Snooki sighting.
- Sam: What's a Snooki?
- Dean: That's a good question.
- Dean: They don't even dissect anything good in there. I mean, bigger than Kermit, they use an iPad.
- Dean: So what, we've got a bunch of killer dolls, like Chucky? I mean, come on, that's just... freaking creepy.
- Lisa: My phone rings, I think tiny chance it's you, big chance it's Sam calling to tell me you're dead.
- Ben: You say family's so important. But what do you call people who care for you, who love you even when you're a dick? You know you're walking out on your family, right?
- German: Mannequin 3: Die Abrechnung (Mannequin 3: The Reckoning)
- French: La Colère Des Mannequins (The Mannequins' Anger)
- Hungarian: Leszámolás (Reckoning)