Margaret "Maggie" Thompson is the ghost of a young girl who drowned in the swimming pool at the Pierpont Inn owned by her family in Cornwall, Connecticut.
Maggie haunted the hotel as a ghost, kept in control with hoodoo from Marie, the nanny of Maggie's surviving sister, Rose Thompson, who teaches the spells and rituals to Rose.
The family is now selling the hotel, and Rose, now an old woman, has had a stroke and cannot do the spells anymore that restrain Maggie, and she starts killing people associated with the sale. While doing this, Maggie appears as an "imaginary" friend to Rose's granddaughter, Tyler Thompson.
Finally, fearing she will be left alone, Maggie lures Tyler to the pool and tries to drown her. Sam rescues Tyler, but Rose gives her life to appease Maggie, and keeps her company.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Maggie was a powerful ghost, down to years of being suppressed, and possessed several rare powers.
- Reality Warping - Able to cause events in the hotel by altering events in the dolls house that was made as a model of it.
- Invisibility - Was able to stay invisible to everyone but Tyler.
- Telepathy - Was able to commune mentally with her sister, who could not speak anymore.
- Telekinesis - Was a capable telekinetic.
- Teleportation - Able to teleport around the hotel compound.
- Biokinesis - Able to give her sister another stroke, by touching her.
- Hoodoo - Maggie could be kept under control by Rose using hoodoo.
- ↑ Playthings