|“||Do you know why God cast me out of Heaven? Because I loved him. More than anything. And then he created you, you little... hairless apes, and he asked us to bow down before you, to love you more than him. And I said "Father, I can't. These human beings are flawed. Murderous!" And for that, God had Michael cast me into Hell. Tell me Dean, does the punishment fit the crime? Especially when I was right. Look what six billion of you have done to this thing. And how many of you blame me for it.||”|
Lucifer is the leader of the demons and bringer of the Apocalypse. He is a version of Lucifer from an alternate timeline where Sam said Yes to the archangel and allowed the Ruler of Hell to possess his body. With his true vessel, Lucifer's hordes drove mankind to near extinction.
Early History Edit
When God created humanity, he asked all angels to bow down to them and to love humans more than their father. All angels complied except for Lucifer, who loved God too much to love anything else more. Due to Lucifer's rebellion, God had Michael cast Lucifer into Hell, where he was imprisoned for thousands of years.
The Apocalypse Edit
Sam Winchester visited Lucifer in Detroit and said "Yes" to possession. Lucifer abandoned his former vessel and used Sam to win the war between Heaven and Hell and bring about the end of humanity. He led the demons in a successful war and with the release of the Croatoan Virus, the human population was greatly reduced.
Either by the powers of Cambion Jesse Turner or by their own choice, Heaven left the Earth, allowing Lucifer free reign over the state of the Earth. The remaining survivors formed a group known as Camp Chitaqua.
|“||I know you won't. I know you won't say yes to Michael, either. And I know you won't kill Sam. Whatever you do, you will always end up here. Whatever choices you make, whatever details you alter, we will always end up—here. I win. So, I win.||”|
in The End
Dean meets the members of Camp Chitaqua who are led by his counterpart, the Dean of 2014. Having recently obtained The Colt, the 2014 Dean intend to face off against Lucifer in what is akin to a suicide mission. He allows the 2009 Dean to tag along while the remaining members of the Camp at as a decoy.
The group arrive in Detroit and the 2014 Dean confronts Lucifer. He is however, easily overpowered. By the time the past Dean reaches their location, Lucifer is posed to snap the 2014 Dean's neck, which he does in front of the 2009 Dean. Turning around, he is genuinely surprised to see the other Dean, but greets him with a smile.
Lucifer speaks to Dean who questions if he will kill him but Lucifer states that would be redundant after killing his counterpart and tries to convince the past Dean that he does not wish to destroy the world, only purify it. He describes the Earth as God's last masterpiece. He insists that he was unfairly cast out and wishes for Dean to understand his plight.
Dean is not fazed by his words and simply compares Lucifer to the monsters he hunts with a bigger ego. Lucifer simply smiles and comments on how he likes Dean, as he understands the angels' interest in him. He tries to leave but Dean insists he kill him now or he will find a way to kill him. However, Lucifer states that things will turn out in his favor and Dean will not say "Yes" to Michael, and they will always end up in this position no matter what and basks in his victory. Promising to see Dean in five years, Lucifer teleports away.
After Lucifer is gone, Zachariah appears to return Dean to 2009, expecting that what he witnessed will convince Dean to say "yes" to Michael. However, all Zachariah succeeds in doing is convincing Dean to reunite with Sam.
This Lucifer ceases to exist after Sam jumped in the Cage along with Lucifer and Michael.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
As the second archangel, Lucifer is one of the most powerful beings in the universe with many powerful abilities. While possessing his true vessel, he was able to win the war between Heaven and Hell and destroy most of the human population.
- Lower Tier Nigh-Omnipotence - Being the second archangel of his timeline, he has enormous amounts of power.
- Angelic Possession - Like all angels, Lucifer requires a vessel to walk the Earth and their permission to do so.
- Clairsentience - He could identify that the other Dean he encountered was not the Dean of his timeline by simply looking at him.
- Immortality - Being an archangel, he has an infinite life span.
- Invulnerability - As an archangel, Lucifer is invulnerable to nearly any form of harm with few true weaknesses.
- Super Strength - He broke a full grown man's neck effortlessly with the heel of his foot. As an archangel, Lucifer is stronger than most beings in existence, including other angels.
- Teleportation - He can teleport anywhere he desires instantly accompanied by a bolt of lightning.
- Weather Manipulation - During his meeting with Dean, he was able to create a thunderstorm that ended when he disappeared.
|“||Why? Why would I want to destroy this stunning thing? Beautiful in a trillion different ways. The last perfect handiwork of God.||”|
Unlike his counterpart however, this Lucifer professes love for the planet Earth, praising it for its beauty and finding the idea of him causing damage to it as rather humorous.
Unlike his counterpart, this Lucifer displays a level of respect for Dean Winchester, or at least the time traveling version from 2009 that he meets. Upon noticing Dean's distress to seeing him in Sam's body and him just killing his counterpart, Lucifer reaches out to touch Dean's shoulder as if to comfort him and pulls back when he notices how uncomfortable Dean is with the motion. He even acknowledges how hard it obviously is for Dean to see his brother in such a state and beyond telling him how Sam was destined to be his vessel, doesn't use it to taunt him. Lucifer is amused by Dean's threats, but openly admits to actually liking him despite his general hatred for all humans, stating that he can see what the angels like in Dean.
Similar to his counterpart, this Lucifer also believes fate will drive Sam and Dean to play their parts.
Lucifer, in the body of Sam Winchester, has combed Sam's hair back and wears an all-white suit.
- He is the first alternate timeline version of Lucifer. A second one, who was part of another apocalyptic world, is said to have been killed by his brother Michael, and thus he shares the opposite fate of this Lucifer. This Lucifer is the one who won the Apocalypse while the other Lucifer lost it.
- It is unclear if Dean ever managed to use The Colt on him or not. However, given Abandon All Hope..., the gun wouldn't have worked either way.
- He is also the only version of Lucifer to succeed in all his goals.
- Ironically, before his erasing, he killed his timeline's Dean Winchester while in the Main timeline the exact opposite occurred.
- During his encounter with this Lucifer, Dean swore that if Lucifer didn't kill him then and there, he would find a way to end Lucifer for good, a promise that Lucifer dismissed. In Let the Good Times Roll, Dean keeps this promise when he kills Lucifer with the help of Apocalypse World Michael.
- This Lucifer's attire was similar to Asmodeus' attire. They both wore all white suits.
- In Proverbs 17:3, Sam has a nightmare where he is possessed by Lucifer who kills Dean. The nightmare version of Lucifer wore a white suit like this Lucifer did.