The Loop (TV)
Do you like this video?
|“|| Arthur Ketch: You, halo. Do you sense I'm lying?|
Castiel: My name is Castiel. And... no. But the truth can be situational.
Lie Detection is the ability for a being to sense whether or not someone is lying to them.
- Castiel - After rendering the Scribe of God Metatron human, Castiel was able to sense that Metatron was telling the truth when he admitted to previously lying about knowing a cure to the Mark of Cain. He subsequently failed to sense that Metatron's offer to lead Castiel to the remainder of his grace was a ploy to steal the grace and retrieve the Demon Tablet.
- Season 6
- Season 10
- Season 12
- While this appears as a power in the series, other people have this ability as a regular skill.
- According to Castiel in LOTUS, while he can sense if someone is lying, the truths he sense can simply be situational, meaning that the person can be telling the truth at the moment in regard to what is being asked of them but be lying overall which can't be sensed.
- This can be best demonstrated with Castiel sensing that Metatron was telling the truth about not knowing a cure for the Mark of Cain but then failing to sense that Metatron's offer to get back his grace was a ploy to allow Metatron to get the grace and the Demon Tablet. Metatron had only stated that there really was some grace left and he could lead Castiel to it which wasn't a lie, at least situationally.
- Thus far, the ability has only been used by higher beings to sense whether or not a human is lying. Notably, Castiel could not tell that Metatron was lying about knowing a cure to the Mark of Cain but after he was turned human he could sense that he was telling the truth when he stated that he had previously been lying.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.