|“||This is what passes for idolatry? Celebrities? What do they have besides small dogs and spray tans?||”|
in Fallen Idols
Followers would willingly sacrifice themselves to him, but then 30 years ago the god's woods and forest were cut down. Leshi had to wander the Earth hungry and hunted for two or three people a year.
Leshi started killing and feeding on more people after Sam and Dean started the Apocalypse. The creature wanted to fully feed himself and would do so by taking on the form of the idols of his victims and then feeding on them. He was finally killed by Sam Winchester by cutting off its head with an iron axe.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
The Leshi possessed great inhuman powers.
- Shapeshifting - Leshi can take the form of anything. However, he needs to touch something that belonged to the person to take human personas.
- Super Strength - Leshi possesses inhuman strength, able to overpower and flick full-grown men around with ease.
- Super Speed - He can move very fast.
- Telepathy - He can read human minds, using this ability to learn who they admire.
- Telekinesis - He can use its mind to move objects.
- Immortality - He has immortality and near invulnerability.
- Teleportation - He can teleport anywhere he wants.
- Thermokinesis - Similar to a ghost, he can make the air grow cold.
- Iron - A Leshi could only be killed by being beheaded with an axe made of iron.
- Among the celebrities, Leshi took the form of, include: Mahatma Gandhi (Leadership of Indian independence movement), Abraham Lincoln (16th President of the United States) and Paris Hilton (Supermodel and singer).
- Paris Hilton, who portrayed Leshi in its final form, also appeared in the 2005 horror movie "House of Wax" alongside Jared Padalecki, who portrays Sam Winchester.
LoreEditA Leshi is known as the Forest Lord who carries a club and protects all the animals and birds in the forest. When he is in human form, he looks like a common peasant, except that his eyes glow and his shoes are on backwards. Sometimes he is depicted with a tail, hooves, and horns. His blood is blue. In some tales, he appears to visitors as a large talking mushroom.
If a person befriends a Leshi, the latter will teach them the secrets of magic. Farmers and shepherds would make pacts with the Leshi to protect their crops and sheep. The Leshi has many tricks, including leading peasants astray, making them sick, or tickling them to death. They are also known to hide the axes of woodcutters. If a Leshi crosses the path of a person in the woods, the person will get lost immediately. To find the way out, you have to turn your clothes inside out and wear shoes on opposite feet.
Leshies aren't evil: although they enjoy misguiding humans and kidnapping young women, they are also known to keep grazing cattle from wandering too far into the forests and getting lost.
If more than one Leshi inhabits a forest, they will fight for territorial rights. The evidence is in the fallen trees scattered about and scared animals.