Leprechauns are a type of fairy.
It is unknown what they truly look like, or if they have true forms at all, but they can take on human form.
Leprechauns are shown to be loyal to their kin and do not have an aversion to killing humans who get in their way.
Powers and Abilities
- Super strength - Leprechauns are extremely strong, being able to overpower humans with extreme ease. One Leprechaun quite easily toyed around with soulless Sam, to the point where he gave up and as the only way at the time, spilt salt in front of the Leprechaun, giving soulless Sam time to recite the fairy banishing spell, sending him back to Avalon.
- Teleportation - Leprechauns can teleport from one place to another in the blink of an eye.
- Invisibility - All fairies are invisible and can only be seen if they want to or by those who have been to Avalon.
- Grained substances - If a grained substance is poured in front of them, they are forced to count each individual grain.
- Iron - Iron is very harmful to fairies, therefore including Leprechauns.
- Cream - Fairies love cream, and it can be a way to easily appease one.
- Silver - Dark fairies can be burnt with silver, it's unknown if all Leprechauns are dark, but at least one of them was, who Sam was able to burn by cutting him with a silver knife.
A leprechaun is a type of fairy in Irish folklore. They are usually depicted as little bearded men, wearing a coat and hat, who partake in mischief. They are solitary creatures who spend their time making and mending shoes and have a hidden pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. If captured by a human, they often grant three wishes in exchange for their freedom.
The leprechaun originally had a different appearance depending on where in Ireland he was found. Prior to the 20th century, it was generally held that the leprechaun wore red, not green. Modern depictions of leprechauns are largely based on derogatory 19th-century caricatures and stereotypes of the Irish.
- Season 4
- It's the Great Pumpkin, Sam Winchester (mentioned only)
- Season 6