At some point in the past, this demon possessed Singer Salvage Yard owner Bobby Singer's wife Karen Singer for an unknown reason. The demon proceeded to attack Bobby who didn't know about demons and simply believed that his wife had gone crazy. In desperation, Bobby attempted to fight off his possessed wife by stabbing her repeatedly. However, the stab wounds had no effect on the demon who continued the attack until hunter Rufus Turner arrived. Rufus soaked the demon in holy water and exorcised it back to Hell. However, the injuries Bobby inflicted upon Karen were fatal and she died afterwards. In the aftermath, Rufus helped Bobby clean up the mess and Bobby, now knowing what was out there, became a hunter himself.
Years later, when trapped in a nightmare by Jeremy Frost, Bobby's nightmare included his dead wife attacking him in anger over his inability to save her from the demon. This was witnessed by Dean Winchester who had entered Bobby's dream to save him. Afterwards, Dean asked Bobby if it really happened and Bobby told him that "everyone got into hunting somehow."
In 2011, following the death of Rufus, Bobby tells the Winchesters about how Rufus had saved him from the demon which led to them hunting together for years.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
This demon appeared to be a regular low-level demon with the powers of one.
- Demonic Possession - As a demon, she needed a vessel to walk the Earth.
- Immortality - As a demon, she would never age or die unless killed.
- Invulnerability - As a demon, she was invulnerable to normal methods of harm. Being stabbed repeatedly by Bobby Singer had no effect on her.
- Super Strength - As a demon, she was stronger than average humans. Her attack on Bobby forced him to defend himself with deadly force against what he thought was his crazed wife.
As a regular low-level demon, she possessed all the weaknesses of one.
- Holy Water - Like all low-level demons, she was vulnerable to holy water. Rufus Turner was able to disable her long enough to perform an exorcism by soaking the demon in holy water.
- Exorcism - Like all low-level demons, she was vulnerable to exorcisms.
- Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting (non-canon; mentioned only)
- Season 3
- Dream A Little Dream Of Me (mentioned only)
- Season 5
- Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid (mentioned only)
- Season 6
- ...And Then There Were None (mentioned only)
- Season 14
- Nightmare Logic (mentioned only)
- In Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting, Rufus exorcised the demon by drowning her in holy water, causing the demon to vacate her vessel rather than continue to suffer the effects of the holy water.
- In Bobby Singer's Guide to Hunting, Bobby compared the demon to the Orange-eyed Demons he'd heard of. However, he knew that despite the similarities, it was not an orange-eyed demon, having seen its black eyes for himself.