|“||If anyone gets to end this world, it's me.||”|
— Kali, speaking to Gabriel
Kali is one of the Pagan gods who meets to try to work out a way to stop the Apocalypse. Along with Baldur, she appears to be one of the most powerful and oldest of the gods. She has previously had a relationship with Gabriel, when she thought he was a Trickster named Loki. She binds Sam, Dean and Gabriel to her, making it impossible for them to leave.
She reveals that she has discovered that Gabriel is an Archangel, and she uses what she thinks is an Angel Killing Sword to kill him. However the sword is a fake, and he survives, later saving her from Lucifer after he has killed the other gods. She escapes with Sam and Dean.
Kali is a beautiful South Asian woman with brown hair and eyes. She is dressed in a red blouse and black skirt. She has a silver chain belt with skulls on it (symbolic of her true Hindu form) and a gold bracelet on her right hand.
Kali is vain, ill-tempered, and easily offended. She favors violence and blood shed. She enjoys playing with the emotions of the men bound to her and is content and even flirtatious in their presence. She has great pride in herself and the other gods, who are numerous and old, and should therefore be the ones to decide the fate of the world - not Lucifer or the Archangels. Kali demands a certain level of respect. While she is the goddess of destruction, she is also the Goddess of the life cycle, time, and change.
Powers and Abilities
Kali claimed she had the potential to destroy the world as she is "The Destroyer". Also, she is probably one of, if not the strongest, god (not including God) since she was able to bind Gabriel, an Archangel, to her presence, which in itself, is impossible and she could causally overpower Mercury, who was also a powerful god. She even managed to momentarily stall Lucifer, a feat none of the other gods managed (although this was more out of Lucifer demonstarting his superiority, than Kali demonstrating power).
- Pyrokinesis - She can summon fire at will, and use it offensively.
- Telekinesis - She was able to move and drop the ceiling lamps when the Winchesters tried to leave the room just by looking at it.
- Biokinesis - She choked Mercury with her mind until he coughed up blood.
- Blood Magic - She is able to forever bind people and even Archangels to her by using their blood.
- Immortality - Like all gods, Kali is ancient, does not age, and can potentially live forever.
- Invulnerability - As a goddess, Kali cannot be killed by conventional means. Only higher beings of significant supernatural power (e.g., God, Death, Archangels, ect.) can kill her.
- Teleportation - She is able to travel from place to place by thought, and can also travel to other planets. However she was unable to use this ability, because Lucifer was blocking her power.
Kali helped organise the meeting at the Elysian Fields Motel. Dean first met her in the buffet area and attempted to hit on her, to which Kali simply responded, "No." She had Mercury gather blood from both Sam and Dean, so their souls are now forever bound to her by blood spell. Kali suggests - during the meeting - that they take violent actions towards the Archangels. Kali obtained blood from Gabriel's vessel and bound him to her as well.
She later killed him to show the remaining gods that with an Archangel sword, the gods can ultimately defeat Lucifer. Little did she know, Gabriel's sword was a fake, and Mercury would betray the rest of the gods and sell them out to Lucifer. Lucifer killed all the gods except Kali, who escaped with Sam and Dean while Gabriel confronted Lucifer. Her current location is unknown.
- The name Kali comes from kāla, which means black, time, death, lord of death.
- Kali literally meaning "the black one", is considered the goddess of time and change.
- She is sometimes presented as dark and violent.
- She has an almost unquenchable thirst for violence.
- Kali is portrayed mostly in two forms: the popular four-armed form and the ten-armed Mahakali form.
- She is described as being black in colour but is most often depicted as blue in popular Indian art.
- She is often depicted naked, which symbolizes her being beyond the covering of Maya, since she is pure.