|“||Come on. Three vamps in Sioux Falls and not a single civilian death. That's not an accident. I think they were hunting her. (...) I think because Michael sent them, to finish what he started. (...) Jody tested the bodies Dean. They're different -- they're immune to dead man's blood the same way Michael's werewolves were immune to silver.||”|
Following the success of his experiments to enhance monsters using angel grace, Michael began recruiting various monsters into his army. These vampires were some of the first to join him after Philippe's pack.
After a failed attempt to recruit the alternate Kaia Nieves that left Michael wounded by her spear, he dispatched these vampires to hunt her down, kill Kaia and retrieve her spear. Three of the vampires attacked Kaia in three different spots around her camp, but she managed to stab them all in the back with her spear and then decapitate them. Kaia took the vampires' heads and stuck them on pikes outside of her camp while their bodies were left to be found by the local authorities in the three spots different the vampires had attacked her.
After the bodies were found, local sheriff Jody Mills, who was also a hunter, had the bodies tested with silver and dead man's blood by her adopted daughter Alex to see if they were monsters. However, their enhancements rendered the vampires immune to dead man's blood so the test had no effect upon them. Jody came to believe that they were regular people who had fallen victim to a serial killer until the Winchesters made contact with her looking for any information on Kaia.
While searching the area between the three crime scenes for clues, Dean located Kaia's camp and the pikes with the dead vampires' heads. Checking one of their mouths, Dean quickly discovered that they were vampires from their teeth, leaving Jody and Sam confused due to the fact that there had been no reaction to the tests Alex had performed on the bodies. After an encounter with Kaia herself, Sam realized that Michael had most likely sent the vampires after Kaia due to their immunity to dead man's blood, similar to Michael's werewolves immunity to silver along with the fact that there had been no vampire deaths in Sioux Falls while they were in town.
As the Winchesters and Jody interrogated a captured Kaia, three more vampires arrived in her camp and found the heads of their fellows. Catching the group's scent, the vampires set out after them. The vampires found the cabin where the hunters were interrogating Kaia just as they learned that Michael wanted the spear because he knew it could hurt him. The vampires burst into the cabin and attacked the hunters, each easily overpowering a hunter thanks to their enhanced abilities. As he was pinned to the ground, Dean managed to draw his gun, but the vampire attacking him warned that they were no longer affected by dead man's blood bullets. Instead, Dean shot out Kaia's chair leg, releasing her in the hopes that she would help them. Instead, Kaia took the opportunity to flee out the window.
As the vampires prepared to finish off the hunters, Kaia suddenly returned and impaled one through the mouth from behind with her spear, killing him. The two remaining vampires released the hunters and turned on Kaia who decapitated them both with a single swing of her spear. Even though Kaia saved them when she didn't have to, she claimed that she had only came back to kill the vampires and was determined to hang onto the spear despite it making her a target for more attacks.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
As grace-enhanced vampires, they possessed stronger abilities than that of regular vampires.
- Super Strength - Vampires possess strength that is greater than humans. Young vampires experience a formidable increase in physical strength; able to lift heavy objects and overpower grown humans. Older vampires, however, can overpower their own makers and other creatures. As grace-enhanced vampires, their strength was greater than that of normal vampires.
- Fangs - Vampires possess a set of retractable fangs. Their teeth are superhumanly strong and can rip open a human's neck and leave huge bite marks on the corpse of the victim it has fed on.
- Super Speed - Vampires can move at greater speeds than humans. It is possible that a vampire's speed, like their strength, increase with age.
- Super Agility - Vampires possess amazing agility. They can climb up walls and jump off buildings without hurting themselves. Vampires also have greater reflexes than humans.
- Super Senses - Vampires have extremely keen senses that are superior to those of humans. They can see in the dark, hear a human's heart beat, and possess enhanced sense of smell. A vampire can track a human's blood over long distances. John Winchester once warned Sam and Dean that, "Once a vampire has your scent, it's for life." Like their strength, their senses seem to increase with age, as Luther was able to smell Kate from a distance, while none of the younger vampires could.
- Immortality - Vampires can potentially live forever. They can't grow old and don't acquire conventional diseases that affect humans.
- Invulnerability - Vampires can not be killed by conventional methods, such as stab wounds or gunshots. Vampires have an extreme resilience to pain. Kate was shot in the stomach with an arrow and merely sighed in annoyance. However, they still react to punches and kicks in a similar manner to humans.
- Regeneration - As long as they have enough human blood, vampires can quickly heal any wound that does not include amputation.
- Super Stamina - Despite their hunger, vampires don't tire easily.
- Immunity - As grace-enhanced vampires, they were immune to the effects of dead man's blood.
As grace-enhanced vampires, they lacked many of the weaknesses regular vampires possessed.
- Decapitation - Like regular vampires, they could still be killed through decapitation.
- The Spear - Just being impaled through the head with the spear was enough to kill one.