After discovering that Jack had visited dreamwalker Derek Swan, these two angels visit Derek as well and torture him for information. After Derek directs them towards Kaia Nieves, the two angels smite him to cover their tracks. However, the murder is discovered by Sheriff Jody Mills who is also a hunter. Due to an eyewitness placing Jack at the scene of the crime, Jody alerts the Winchesters who wrongly believe that Jack killed Derek while searching for Lucifer.
The angels find Kaia hitchhiking along the side of the road and offer her a ride. As Kaia prepares to get in their car, the female angel knocks Kaia out with the but of her angel blade.
After Kaia wakes up, the angels explain that they want Jack and had tracked him to Derek and then through Derek to Kaia before murdering Derek. However, as the Winchesters got involved, the angels need bait in the form of Kaia instead. In order to lure Jack in, the angels broadcast over "angel radio" that they have Kaia which is heard by Jack. As the male angel patrols outside, Kaia tries to convince the female angel that their plan sucks as she doesn't matter at all and as a result, no one will come for her. Though the female angel agrees that Kaia doesn't matter, she feels that Kaia matters to the Winchesters who will come, giving the angels the chance to kill them and take Jack.
At that moment, Jack and the Winchesters enter with Dean holding the male angel hostage with an angel blade to his throat. Dean demands that the angels release Kaia, only to have the female state that Kaia is not what they want. The female angel attempts to convince Jack to come "home" with the angels to be among his own kind, but Jack is disgusted by the fact that the angels are kidnappers and murderers. Jack declares that he is home, leading to the male angel breaking free of Dean with a headbut.
As the female draws her angel blade and starts to advance on the Winchesters, Jack stops her telekinetically before blasting the female angel through a glass window and a wall. Retrieving his angel blade, the male angel knocks Sam to the ground before turning on Dean. The male angel attempts to kill Dean only to have Jack turn his telekinesis on him. Jack stops the male angel from killing Dean and telekinetically forces the male angel to stab himself with his own angel blade, killing the male angel. Grabbing the female angel's dropped angel blade, Dean goes after her to finish the female angel off only to find her gone.
Near Sioux Falls, the female angel ambushes the Impala with her car. Though the Impala avoids the hit, the Winchesters realize that they are in trouble and drive into the abandoned nearby Larsen Bros. Shipyard. As Sam, Jack and Kaia flee onto an abandoned cargo ship, Dean remains behind alone to face the female angel who tells Dean that Heaven is running out of angels and they need Jack to save them. Though Dean states that he would rather see the angels fry, two cars arrive with five more angels to back up the female angel. Seeing that he is outnumbered, Dean flees onto the ship where Sam begins setting up angel warding to keep the six angels out.
Joined by the other five angels, the female angel makes her way onto the bottom level of the ship, only to encounter the angel warding preventing them from going further. The female angel signals the other five angels to form a line and they slam their angel blade in the floor of the ship and begin a ritual to cause the angel warding to melt. As the angels struggle to break through the warding, the Winchesters, Kaia and Jack work to open a rift to Apocalypse World to escape and rescue Mary Winchester.
As the angels are about to break through the wards, Jack and Kaia finally succeed in opening a rift, sending the Winchesters to the Bad Place and Jack to Apocalypse World. When Jack and Kaia open the rift, the combination of their powers and Kaia's screams releases a wave of energy that disintegrates the six angels, leaving their broken wings burned into the walls of the ship and their angel blades half-melted into the floor.
A few days later, after determining the location of the rift to the Bad Place, Jody Mills and Donna Hanscum find the burned wing impressions of the female angel and her compatriots, the only thing left of them.
Powers and Abilities
They appeared to be regular angels with the abilities of ones.
- Angelic Possession - Like all other angels, they required vessels to walk the Earth and their permission to do so.
- Immortality - As angels, they would never age or die unless killed.
- Invulnerability - As angels, they were invulnerable to most forms of harm. One was blasted through a brick wall at great force by Jack with telekinesis and recovered quickly enough to make a fast escape and return with reinforcements.
- Torture - They tortured Derek Swan for information on Jack and were successful in getting Derek to give them what they wanted to know.
- Smiting - After they finished torturing Derek Swan, they smote him to cover their tracks.
- Telepathy - They were able to communicate on "angel radio," using this to alert Jack that they had Kaia Nieves.
- Super Strength - As angels, they were stronger than humans, monsters and most demons. The male angel was easily able to throw the Winchesters around.
- Spell Casting - Working together with five other angels, one was able to perform a ritual to take down the Winchesters' wards.
- Localization - The angel's were able to track Jack.
As regular angels, they possessed all the weaknesses of ones.
- Angel Warding - For a time, one was able to be kept out by angel warding.
- Nephilim - While combining powers with the dreamwalker Kaia Nieves, Jack was able to disintegrate one and telekinetically overpower the other on his own.
- Angel Blades - Like most angels, they were vulnerable to angel blades.
When Jack refused to go with them, the angels decided to kill the Winchesters and take Jack by force. After blasting the female angel out of the building, Jack turned his telekinesis on the male angel when he tried to kill Dean with his angel blade and telekinetically forced the angel to stab himself with it, killing him.
After the female angel along with five others pursue the Winchesters, Jack and Kaia into an abandoned Cargo ship, Sam set up angel warding to keep the six angels out but the angels combined powers to perform a ritual to gradually destroy the sigils, so Jack and Kaia combined powers to open a rift to another world to escape. The combination of Jack and Kaia's powers caused the latter's screams to release a wave of energy from the rift Jack was opening, which disintegrated the female angel and her compatriots.
- The male angel is the first person Jack kills intentionally.