|“||Fair? The last one I killed was pretending to be a doctor. Feeding on the souls of humans he was supposed to heal. You do it, too. Only you like children.||”|
The Grigori started out as a squad of elite angels thousands of years ago and were some of the first angels to walk the Earth. According to Tamiel, there were originally hundreds of them and they each had their name engraved on their angel sword. However, they eventually went bad and the other angels hunted them down and killed them. Unknown to the other angels, some of the Grigori survived and began feeding off of human souls as they saw humans as beneath them.
Kabaiel developed a taste for feeding on the souls of children. In 2020, a resurrected Jack Kline began targeting Grigori and eating their hearts on the orders of Billie. After wiping out the rest of the Grigori, Jack killed Sariel and allowed him to call out over angel radio to Kabaiel, his only surviving brother. The call drew Kabaiel to Cushing, Oklahoma where Sariel had lived, but he detected Jack and ambushed the young Nephilim. With Jack unwilling to use his powers and draw God's attention to him, Kabaiel was able to injure Jack with his angel sword and capture him.
Taking his nephew to an abandoned church in the area, Kabaiel was surprised that Jack refused to heal his wound or use his powers to fight back. Though he knew he couldn't kill Jack, Kabaiel was determined to exact revenge upon him by torturing Jack for his actions. He soon questioned Jack and the latter revealed that he knew that Sariel had been feeding on the souls of people he was supposed to help as a doctor and that he knew his captor fed on children, shocking the fallen angel with his knowledge. Aiming his sword at Jack's throat, Kabaiel demanded to know who had told Jack that and Jack simply replied that Death did.
At that moment, Castiel came up behind the Grigori who sensed his brother's presence and attacked with his angel sword. Kabaiel proved to be no match for the Seraphim and Castiel quickly stabbed Kabaiel in the chest with his angel blade, killing him. After Jack explained his mission, Castiel allowed Jack to consume the dead Grigori's heart as well.
Powers and Abilities
As a Grigori, Kabaiel was part of an elite and very powerful class of angel.
- Immortality - The Grigori have existed for thousands of years.
- Angelic Possession - Like all angels, the Grigori need a vessel to walk the Earth. Like other angels, they need the vessel's permission.
- Soul Feeding - The Grigori are able to feed on human souls to absorb their heavenly power.
- Invulnerability - As an angel, he was invulnerable to most forms of harm.
- Telepathy - He was able to communicate through angel radio with his siblings.
- Clairsentience - He was able to sense Jack's great power. He also sensed the sneaking Castiel, as he appeared to save Jack.
- Supernatural Perception - He could easily tell Jack was a Nephilim from looking at him.
- Super Strength - As an angel, Kabaiel is much stronger than humans; he was able to easily capture and subdue Jack when the latter had to suppress his powers in order to hide from God.
- Torture - He possessed some skill in torture, using it against a captured Jack.
Kabaiel possessed all the regular weaknesses of a Grigori.
- Seraphim - Kabaiel was hardly a match for Castiel, a Seraphim.
- Angel Blades - Castiel was able to kill him with an angel blade.
- Jack - Could've effortlessly killed him if he'd used his powers.