Joy Myers was a pureblood werewolf and the wife of Reverend Jim Myers.
Joy was a fourth-generation pureblood werewolf who had a father and a little brother named Charlie. Joy's family were part of the Maw of Fenris, a werewolf cult that believed in and wanted to cause Ragnarok. After Jim Myers' wife was killed by a hunter, he met Joy and married her, with Joy becoming step-mother to his new daughter Bess. While Joy raised Bess as her own, Joy never truly saw Bess as her daughter as Bess was not of her bloodline. After her father died, Joy's husband Jim took over as the reverend of their church and preached peace and coexistence with humans. Though not pleased, Joy went along with it, attempting to be a regular housewife. She eventually gained former hunter Garth Fitzgerald IV as her son-in-law after he became a werewolf and married Bess. However, in the winter of 2013, a hunter killed her brother Charlie and she lost all inclinations towards peace with humans, instead wanting dominance of them. To this end, she revived the Maw of Fenris in secret with Russ, Jobah and Pat.
After learning of Garth's new status as a werewolf, Dean reluctantly attends a service with Reverend Myers' congregation where he meets Joy. Joy puts on a mask of friendliness, but secretly sends Pat to kill the Winchesters when Dean doesn't buy their act.
After the attempt on the Winchesters' lives fail, Joy abducts Garth, Bess and Sam in order to murder the three and frame Garth and Bess' deaths on Sam with the intention of driving her husband to vengeance and leading them in Ragnarok. As Russ and Jobah protect the barn they are in, Joy explains her plot to her captives and prepares to shoot Bess with a silver bullet, but her gun is kicked from her hand by Sam. As Joy turns on the hunter with her claws extended, Dean enters, having killed Russ and used Russ' jacket to mask his scent. Before Dean can shoot Joy, he is attacked by Jobah who he quickly kills. Joy is impressed with Dean's trick and the two quickly go for their guns. While both get a shot off, Joy misses. However, Dean is able to shoot Joy in the heart, killing her and leaving Reverend Myers devastated at his wife's actions.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Joy had all the powers of a werewolf:
- Shapeshifting - As a werewolf, Joy had the ability to shift between human and wolf form. As a pureblood, she could do this at any time.
- Infectious bite - Joy possessed the ability to turn others into werewolves through her bite.
- Claws and Fangs - Werewolves have powerful claws and are able to cut through solid walls. Their fangs can tear human flesh and can rip out a human heart right out of their chest cavity. Pureblood werewolves are able to transform just their claws without transforming fully.
- Superhuman Strength - As a werewolf, Joy had strength greater than that of a normal human.
- Enhanced Agility - Werewolves agility is greater than humans, often allowing them to perform incredible jumps and sprints easily.
- Super speed - Werewolves are capable of moving inhumanly fast.
- Super stamina - Werewolves do not tire easily.
- Super Senses - All werewolves are able to see better than humans in darkness, similar to actual wolves, their sense of smell and hearing is equally enhanced.
- Invulnerability - Werewolves can't be killed by conventional means and weapons. Silver however, can kill them.
- Regeneration - Werewolves can regenerate all non-lethal damage, purebloods are even able to completely heal their original bites.
- Scent Misdirection - Dean was able to fool Joy's sense of smell and sneak up on her by wearing Russ' jacket to hide his scent.
- Silver - Silver can hurt and kill Joy. She was killed by a silver bullet to the heart by Dean.