When Castiel decided to lead the angels against Metatron, Josiah was one of the angels who joined him, possessing a man named Sean Flynn, from Omaha, Nebraska. When he disappeared, Castiel and the Winchesters thought he was behind the angel suicide bombing that kill six humans and an angel. For that reason, Castiel and Sam track him down to a Gas-N-Sip in Colorado, where they learn from the store clerk that he was headed to an address in Pray, Montana. When they arrived there, believing to have found Metatron's secret portal to Heaven, they found out it was a ruse and find the charred body of Josiah slumped in the corner of the room, having been doused with holy oil and set aflame by a flame thrower above the doorway of an entrance. Josiah surprises Castiel by revealing himself to still be alive, telling after killing Ezra, Metatron told him to come to him and that he would be able to reenter Heaven. When Castiel offers to heal Josiah of his wounds, Josiah refuses telling him he would rather die than owe his life to Castiel. He then succumbs to his injuries and finally dies.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
Josiah possessed the standard abilities of a regular angel.
- Angelic Possession - Josiah needs to possess a human vessel to physically interact on Earth. As an angel, he also needs the vessel's consent.
- Immortality - As an angel, Josiah is immortal, can live forever and never die. He is also immune to aging, diseases, toxins, poisons, and sickness.
- Invulnerability - Josiah can not be killed by any conventional weapons. He can only be killed by something angelic.
- Super Strength - Being an angel, Josiah is stronger than humans, ghosts, monsters and most demons.
- Holy Fire - Josiah could be trapped and killed by Holy Fire.
- ↑ Stairway to Heaven